Chapter 22 Spill

Alice's POV

How could the FBI believe all of these things without solid proof? 

My heart in my throat as I turn to look at my parents, I couldn't read what they were thinking at all. That was what scared me the most. 

"However not all things stated are true in this instance."

What wait?

"The letter delivered to the house you were staying, the front was written entirely by your father. Yet we were able to figure out that the inscription on the back was not written by anyone that would have your best interest at heart."

"What do you mean by that?"

"Someone is plotting to get rid of your daughter."

Silence.

"The words saying to meet at a certain place? My team went to the address listed on the back of the letter, they found several men there heavily armed and with the intent to kill anyone who came within a square radius of them."

"The stories listed of Alice injuring one of her greatest friends was also incorrect, someone is out for your daughter's reputation as well as her life. We haven't been able to trace who or where they came from, the attempted killers are being questioned as we speak."

"How did you even find out about the letters?"

"Mary, she was undercover for me. The trunk you were originally in was laced with bombs set to explode under an abandoned bridge. We were able to get you out and place you in the Mary's trunk, knowing that we would have to get you somewhere safe. The rest of the matter was taken over by us."

"Don't waste your time  questioning them, I know who it is!" 

Jason's eyes widened, snatching a voice recorder and notepad as well as a pen from his pocket.

"Please, tell me everything."

*******

Harry's POV

The days dragged on like nothing I had ever experienced before, laying around in my bed was the only thing that I could do at the moment. My phone laying on the desk in front of me waiting for a call from somebody, anybody but management. They told me yesterday over the phone that I would be set up with some girl I didn't even know, I didn't want to think about who she was. I didn't want to think that she would try to make me forget all about Alex.

The story of her death was spreading like wild fire, that she had driven off a bridge and died on impact. We all knew that she wasn't dead, but when they said that they had found a body in the car I couldn't help but feel my eyes begin to water as I think. If they're capable of ruining our lives like this, what else would they be capable of?

Just as I was about to drift off into sleep my phone buzzed on the bedside table, without a single moment of hesitation I picked it up and answered the phone.

"Hello who is this?"

"Mr.Styles? Hello this is Jason from the FBI, I haven't got long to speak to you but I want you to know that Alice is okay. She is in our custody and reunited with her parents, we will try our hardest to get her reunited with her."

"Alice? Who is Alice?"

"Oh excuse my french, Alex isn't her real name. She was kidnapped from the hospital she was born in at a young age and sold to the woman she thought was her mother, her real name is Alice."

"Woah, slow down this all so much to take in!"

"I'm sorry Mr.Styles I've got everything in the world but time, here she is now."

Muffled noises before the familiar breathing is heard over the speaker, I can't help but feel my eyes begin to water as I try to imagine what she looked like when I last saw her.

"Alex, I-I mean Alice. Is it really you?"

"You don't know how happy I am to hear your voice." 

A muffled sob escapes my lips as I sit up all the way in bed.

"Is what this man said true? Are you really alright?"

"Yea, I'm with my parents. Just met them for the second time in my life."

"Ale-Alice, no matter what happens I will see you again if it's the last thing that I do. You understand?"

"Loud and clear."

"I love you angel, more than anything and anyone in the whole world and I can't wait to see you."

"Don't make me cry Harold."

"Well I'm already bawling my eyes out over here, so it's only fair."

I hear laughing in the background and I smile.

"Am I on speaker phone?"

"Yea, they just heard what you said."

"Nice to meet you Mr. and Mrs......"

"Kennedy, Mr. and Mrs. Kennedy, and likewise."

"Alright Harry I've gotta go."

My heart breaking as she said those final words, my shoulders sinking as more tears cascaded down my face.

"I love you Harry."

"I love you more sweetheart."

"Mr.Styles?"

I messily wipe my nose with the back of my hand as I try to regain my composure, not exactly wanting to cry while on the phone with an actual FBI agent.

"Yes, I'm here."

"Tell your other band mates the news as well, we will have her back and free you lads in a matter of two days." 

"Two days? That's fast."

"That's our job Mr.Styles."

"Thank you for all that you're doing for us Jason."

"My pleasure, remember tell them the news but do not lead your management into the conclusion that she is alive. They may injure you or your family." 

"Yes sir." 

"Stay safe Mr.Styles."

"The same for you sir."