Chapter 18: Idiot!

(Y/N)'s POV

I burned holes into the teacher with my gaze.This lesson was truly dull.

I sighed and picked up my pencil,rested my elbow on the table and my cheek on my hand,I started to doodle random pictures in the corner of my notebook.

A note was placed on my desk,I raised my eyes and took the note between my fingers,a blank expression on my face.

'Meet me on the roof after this lesson,

Kurama.'

I frowned,what does he need now?

After the lesson,I decided to go anyway,what could possibly happen?It's not like I had something better to do anyways.

I opened the door and stepped outside,he wasn't there yet.I walked to the edge and rested my arms on the barrel that kept everyone from falling down.

With that same blank expression,I scanned the yard,finding nothing interesting I let out a sigh and closed my eyes,resting my head on my arms.

"Oi!" my peace was suddenly disturbed by no one else than the tengu.

I turned and rested my back against the barrel,crossing my arms,showing signs of annoyance.

"Get straight to the point." I almost hissed,lets say,I don't particulary like him.

"Why so bitter my dear?" he raised his brow,and casually placed one of his hands on the barrel.

I raised both of my eyebrows "Because I have no will to be here." I coldly said,glaring at him with an annoyed expression.

"Well that was straight forward." he almost sighed while looking away,as if he was insulted.

He then turned his gaze back on me.

"My intensions haven't changed." he then smirked.

"Was that all?" I blankly asked.

"Don't act so casual about it!" he yelled,turning into chibi form.

He then placed his other hand on the barrel too,trapping me.

"Maybe you should change your principles too." he smirked and leaned closer to my face.

I suddenly spotted a certain fox in a nearby tree,I decided to play along.

With a swift move I jumped and landed on the barrel,I squatted.

"Maybe." I said in a honey voice while smirking.I then gently took hold of his right cheek and leaned forward.

When our lips were about 1 inch apart,I stopped and a wide grin formed on my face.

"Sorry-" I pulled back. "-I was just entertaining our spy." I said while winking and jumped again,now landing on the branch Tomoe was resting on.

"Hmm,did you enjoy the show?" I asked with fake excitement.

Tomoe was clearly surprised by the turn of events since he literally lost balance and fell off the tree,landing the the roof.

I let out a snort of laughter before jumping on the barrel again,sitting down this time,still grinning evilly.

"That's what you get for sticking your sly nose into my business." I spat out while Tomoe stood up,an angry expression on his face.

"I was simply looking over you." he hissed.

"I told you before that I can take care of myself perfectly on my own!" I raised my voice.

"Oh can you?" he suddenly changed his tone into a sly,honey voice.

I looked at his uneasily,he had something in his mind.

He walked in front of me,a smirk plastered on his face.

"Now say,do you think your reflexes are fast enough?" he asked.

I stared at him innocently,without suspecting a thing.

I crossed my arms and turned my head to the side,raising my eyebrows and closing my eyes meaningfully. "Of course!" I claimed confidently.

I felt cold fingers grab my chin and turn my face.My eyes shot open.I became face-to-face with Tomoe who,surprise surprise,wasn't so far away from my face.

My eyes went wide and a deep shade of red covered my cheeks,my body went stiff and I was too shocked to react.

Just before his lips touched mine,he stopped and I heard chuckling.

He pulled off,laughing."Your expression is priceless!" he blurted out.

I blinked a few times in surprise before I got my sanity back.

I brought my hand across his cheek."Pervert!" I yelled while doing that.

"See,your reflexes aren't good enough,that's why you need me." he said,joy was heard in his voice,he was obviously pleased with the fact that he had basically won.

"That was just an one-time occasion." I huffed while jumping off the barrel,obviously annoyed,my expression was annoyed too,a pout was seen on my face.

I walked past him,annoyed and slightly angry.

I suddenly felt my wrist being grabbed,I looked back.

"I'm just worried-" he said,almost sincerely. "-because you look as fragile as a snowflake." he ended,his face serious.

I frowned as I heard the last part,of course,in his eyes I was just a weak child.

I pulled my hand out of his grip and started marching back to my class.

"Idiot." I muttered under my breath.

Tomoe's POV

I watched how the angry figure of (Y/N) marched away in fury.I shook my head while slightly smiling and turning,I rested my arms on the barrel.

What was that feeling when I saw (Y/N) lean towards that crow,I somehow felt shocked and unable to move.

No,I'm problably just overthinking,she can do whatever she wants,as long as it isn't a danger to her,I don't care about her personal life.

But yet I felt irritated at that moment,I didn't know why,I just did.

I sighed and closed my eyes.

"I'm problably just imagining things..." I muttered quietly.