" Missing You " Episode 8 "

Catch up on the angst and tears by reading our recap for episode 7!

Jung Woo tells Soo Yeon that he doesn’t want to be secret friends anymore.

“Let’s be secret lovers.”

The umbrella covers their faces from Harry’s view as a burst of jealousy spirals around him.

To our slight disappointment, it’s not a kiss we see, but just Jung Woo holding Joy closely.

She pushes him away, saying that she doesn’t appreciate his joke, but Jung Woo insists it’s not a joke.

“I told you that you sound the same. Don’t speak.” He takes her towards his car. “Don’t smile. You look like her. I might actually go crazy.”

Steaming in jealousy, Harry gets out of the car and starts to head over their way, when his bum leg acts up and Harry almost falls over in pain. He then sees Jung Woo driving Joy away.

Joy asks where he’s taking her, but he doesn’t know. It’s his first time on a date. (Aww)

She wants him to let her out, but he ignores her and changes the subject to Seoul sightseeing and how she wanted just one friend.

“I think you picked a great friend,” says Jung Woo. “For 14 years, I’ve waited for Soo Yeon and thought about what to do when we meet again.” He continues to tells her everything from where he wanted to go to what kind of food he wanted to eat with Soo Yeon. 

“Lace dress,” says Jung Woo, triggering Joy’s memory back to the playground, where he asks her to be his friend. “Joy. Joy,” calls out Jung Woo.

Before they know it, Jung Woo has brought them to their destination – the restaurant Soo Yeon’s mother works at.

He explains that this is the place that he wanted to bring his date to.

He asks her to eat with him because it’s his birthday. “Because I’m really happy. On days that I’m happy, it’s my birthday.”

Joy declines, saying that she doesn’t want to eat at a place like this. She tells him to drive her somewhere else.

While brooding in jealousy, Harry spots Assistant Nam stepping into the Fake Mom’s store.

Fake Mom asks Assistant Nam to get a hold of Harry, because that’s how she’ll get Joy as her designer and their money worries will disappear.

Assistant Nam is confused about this Joy character, until a bell dings in his head.He smiles, now knowing where Soo Yeon is.

Jung Woo and Joy end up at an expensive restaurant where one bottle of wine is 700 dollars a pop. Jung Woo is shocked at the prices as Joy explains that the wine is called ‘Crazy Head,’ which she thought was fitting for Jung Woo. 

He says he’s worthy of being her secret lover, since she’s already picking out wine for him. She asks if he’s free the next day, and instantly, Jung Woo says of course. She wants to go to Hong Kong to go shopping and Jung Woo smirks.

“This is why I think you’re Soo Yeon,” says Jung Woo. “Just my style.”

Joy′s expression changes, but quickly recovers.

Then out of nowhere, Jung Woo grabs her hand, saying he can’t just be her boyfriend for shopping. “I don’t care where we go in Hong Kong, but hold onto my hand so you don’t get lost.”

He plans on taking her to the playground, since he hasn’t been able to ride the see-saw since 14 years ago. “You can’t ride that alone.”

She pulls away from Jung Woo’s grasp, calling him completely insane, but the only thing registering in Jung Woo’s head is the memory when Soo Yeon’s hand slipped away during the kidnapping.