chapter 9| december news

unedited
-

waking up from another gross dream that involved Jack made me throw up.

I look at my phone and squeeze my eyes together while staring at the colorful screen.

3:24 am

I get out of bed and make my way to the bathroom.

I go to the bathroom, wash my hands, and crawl back into bed.

i wonder what Jack is doing? I bit my nail and stare at nothing in the darkness. why do I care about him all of a sudden?

I sit in my bed for a while till my legs gain a mind of their own and walk to Jack's room.

I kinda just stand their for a few minutes thinking of what I'm doing here, what do I say if I go in?

a few moments later, the door swings open and a sleepy Jack who jumped at the sight of me.

" Ireland," he whispers. " what the fuck are you doing?"

wow harsh much?

I shake my hurt feeling away and stare at him for a while, " I-I-I couldn't sleep so I thought that.... um never mind."

I begin to walk away but he grabs my arm, " what do you want Ireland?"

" I don't know," I look at the ground. " can I um like-"

" spit it out!" he whispers harshly.

" canyouhelpmefallbacktosleep?" I say really quickly.

" what?" his eyebrows pull together and he sadly let goes of my arm.

" can you help me fall back to sleep?" I ask not looking at his face.

" em.. yeah uh my bed or yours?" he begins to do a potty dance. I smile a little.

" my bed?" I say more like a question.

"ok well I'll see you there in a sec. I have to pee." I walk back to my room and lay in my bed waiting for Jack to come.

2 minutes later, he shows up with a pillow and blanket and pants because he wasn't wearing any earlier.

" do you um want to.. you know... cuddle?" he asks awkwardly.

" uh only if you want to." I'm so bad at making decisions.

" ok just lay back and I-I'll just swipe my arm under your body... I don't know why I'm explaining this. you know how to cuddle," he puts one arm under my body and one on top of my body making a heated blanket.

his huge, muscular arms rise up as he breathes against my neck making me even hotter.

oh god he is just so cu- no stop he's your stepbrother.

I turn over and stare at his face as his eyes stare into mine.

" I'm uh gonna go to sleep now," I smile and close my eyes.

I feel him pull me closer to his body making me melt in his touch.

it's almost Christmas, I begin to think. I wonder if Jack is gonna buy me something. I'm so stupid, he isn't gonna buy me anything.