Chapter 3: rule breaker

Chapter 3

CYAN'S P.O.V.

Cyan: 11 months until awakening

I was terrified. Maybe it was because of the situation I was currently in... but I was pretty sure it had more to do with the situation I knew I would be in soon. And I wasn't talking about the guys currently driving me solar knows where.

"Why don't you have the brat gagged?" Kidnapper number one hissed to kidnapper number two. Kidnapper number one seemed the least friendly so far... His eyes were glaring at me from the rear view mirror, prompting me to return a glare just as icy. "He's a cocky little shit isn't he?"

"He hasn't screamed and it's not like we have to worry about him biting us. He's just a human." Kidnapper number two explained, turning in his seat to smile at me. I resisted the urge to gag when he winked at me and said, "he's got a nice pair of lips too."

"Yeah well this seems too easy." Kidnapper number one grumbled. "What kind of a person just lies there and let's you tie him up and force him into a car?" I looked away from his scrutinizing gaze, knowing full well why I didn't struggle.

I was a human and they obviously...weren't. I wasn't exactly sure what they were but I had an itch telling me they were definitely of the shape shifting variety by the way they seemed to growl all their words. Anyway, I already knew they wouldn't get too far. A car couldn't outrun Michellie even if one of her legs were broken and I was certain Michellie wouldn't be the only one retrieving me this time.

See, I wasn't scared of the two feral looking men currently muttering about how proud their leaders would be when they returned with me. I was scared of what would happen once I was brought back to the safety of the palace because not only had I broken the rules by leaving the palace walls and getting kidnapped, but I had screwed up ten times worse before that.

I had brought a boy into the tunnels.

It seemed harmless enough in the moment, I thought, as blood rushed to my cheeks. I knew that no one but myself and those who had pledged themselves to King Elijah's service were allowed in the tunnels, but it just didn't seem like such a big deal to invite one of the handsome vampire guards down to my room. Technically, he wasn't a guard yet. He was here with a number of other warriors to pledge their loyalty to King Elijah, and I figured it would be the same thing as inviting someone already pledged. After all, about to be in the King's service and already being in it is basically the same thing right? Apparently, It wasn't.

When I got him down the multiple stair cases and long halls, my confidence as to why I brought him down had dwindled. Suddenly, I was alone with a tall, gorgeous soon to be guard and I couldn't even remember why I had broken the rules to bring him down there. And then...

His lips felt like marble. One second I was nervously trying to smooth out my bedspread and the next I was pressed up against my bedroom wall, experiencing the first kiss of my life. His arms were wrapped around my waist and lifting me up to better accommodate himself, something I was all for as long as this kiss never ended. My brain felt fuzzy and even if I wanted to formulate a rational thought, I knew I wouldn't be able to.

Why had I never kissed anyone before? I was seventeen years old for solars sake. Every moment of my life spent not experiencing this had become a wasted moment. It didn't even matter that in the back of my mind I had only invited him down here to paint him. It didn't bother me in the least that although this kiss was spectacular, something about it felt... Off.

"Oh my god." And with those three words I was pulled from the wonderful fog of hormones and falling shakily onto my own two feet. Whatever his name is was no longer pressed against me and I was staring into the startled and disbelieving eyes of Michellie. "I-"