[02] mind games

Elena Gilbert.

That's the girl that Stiles had his heart set on. Ever since she moved to Beacon Hills, he couldn't keep his eyes off of her. Of course he still had feelings for Lydia, for those feelings will never go away, but something about the girl intrigued him.

Maybe it was the little pep in her step when she walked, or the faintest dimple that appeared on her face when she smiled, or quite possibly the way she wrinkled her nose up when she laughed, but it didn't matter to Stiles. He was head over heals for her, but there was only one problem.

She didn't seem to feel the same way.

Stiles was used to this of course. He had drooled over Lydia Martin since the third grade, not even getting her to learn his name until freshmen year. That was the year when everything kicked off in Stiles' life; the year that everything changed for him. But without all of those crazy things, he never would have gotten Lydia Martin to even notice him.

He knew that Elena would notice him soon enough; hell, she at least already knew his name. The two have talked very vaguely, but it was long enough to where Stiles had gotten her number and she had gotten his, which at first had blared in Stiles' mind that she liked him too, but then he thought twice. You see, Elena was just trying to earn some more friends and to fit in, not to find a relationship. Besides, if she had her eyes set on anyone, it was Scott McCall.

Stiles noticed this of course, he notices everything. He saw the little giggles she gave him when they crossed paths, the winks, and most importantly, he saw the way she looked at him. You can tell a lot about a person when you look into their eyes, and Stiles knew after seeing Elena look at Scott, that she cared for his best friend. Not him.

But Scott had a girl friend of course; he was still dating the love of his life, Allison. They had a rocky past, but finally after her and Isaac split and she managed to escape death, the two had hooked up once again. They were happy of course; Scott never shuts up about her. More of the reason why Stiles craved for a girl friend; particularly Elena.

So that's why Stiles had decided what he was going to do. He has never been bold in his life, not even once, so on this night, he decided to make a statement. He was going to tell Elena how he felt about her, and no one was going to stop him.

As Stiles drove down the highway, racing towards Elena's house, his heart pounded. His sudden act of courage made him feel alive, but overpowering that feeling of course was the butterflies in his stomach, along with stress with how she would react. Would she say the same things he said to her? Would she turn him down? Would she slam the door in his face?

Believe it or not, but all of those three things have happened to Stiles before. More than once.

Either it was Stiles' bustling mind or the full moon that casted above, but something either caused Stiles to see something in the road or to imagine it. It didn't matter, however, for Stiles flung the wheel to the right, taking the jeep straight to the ditch.

In that moment, Stiles didn't know what to think. There was little thinking involved, but the first thing he thought to himself was that he didn't want to die. Not yet. He had too much to live for; his friends and his father kept his mind awake, making sure to not let him slip away to unconsciousness.

But when the Jeep had finally hit a tree, Stiles' head flung forwards into the wheel, knocking him out cold. Not even the thought of his friends or family could keep him awake. Dark blood began to trickle down his forehead as he laid there, smoke fuming from the hood of the jeep.

Little did Stiles know that it wasn't something that was in the road, but it was someone. That someone being the person you never wanted to cross paths with; the girl who didn't have a heart, let alone compassion. All she had was a brain, along with the looks of the girl Stiles loved.

Katherine Pierce.

Katherine had meant to cause Stiles to wreck. It was apart of her plan, you see. She had been watching Elena for weeks now, studying her daily routine and figuring out her weaknesses. If there's one thing that Katherine had learned, it's that Elena values her friends' lives; even if she doesn't know them all of that well.

So that's why Katherine needed to show Elena what would happen if she didn't do what she wanted. She had first debated on whether to hurt Stiles or Caroline first, but after watching the way the boy looked at her, she knew Stiles would be perfect. Not to mention the stories she heard about a demon possessing the boy's body; which not only was perfect for her, but that also made him the perfect candidate.

Heals clicked on the highway pavement as Katherine made her way to the smoking Jeep; a wide smirk forming on her face. She could smell the blood dripping down Stiles' forehead as she made her way to the side of the wrecked vehicle, realizing that she hadn't had dinner yet, but that didn't matter. She needed to follow through with her plan, since after all, it was already in motion.

Her painted fingernails grip the boy's hair as she flings his head back, now being able to see him clearly. She hadn't noticed it before, but the boy was a lot more innocent looking than what she had thought. She couldn't possibly see him being a killer, but I guess she never really pictured herself to be that way either. All things change.

Katherine debates for a moment before her fangs extend, biting into her wrist as two crimson dots surface to the skin. She shoves her wrist into the boy's face as blood stains his lips, feeling him start to regain consciousness. Before long, she's pulling her hands away and glaring at the boy, watching him sit up suddenly, coughing and spitting.

He reaches up slowly to his lips as he stares at the blood on his finger tips, but that was before his eyes flick over to Katherine, unaware of dopplegangers; let along vampires. He stares in confusion as the girl smirks at him, not sure what was going on.

"Elena?" Stiles says, furrowing his eyebrows. He wanted an explanation; to know if she was the one who had driven him off of the side of the road. But he wouldn't ever get an answer.

Katherine smirks at the amber eyed boy. "You don't know how many times I've been called that name."

"I don't understand," Stiles says, his head spinning.

"And you won't," the brunette says, the smile disappearing off of her face. Her eyes begin to crack as the boy leaps backwards, terrified by what he had just seen. "I'm truly sorry for this, really, I am, but revenge is better than your life."

Katherine sinks her teeth into his neck then, ignoring his cries for help. Surprisingly enough, he wasn't as loud as she thought he would have been. For a moment he struggled, but then after he relaxed underneath her and accepted his fate. Katherine couldn't take any chances however, so she broke his neck.

Stiles' head falls to the side, his eyes frozen in stone. Katherine leans back and wipes the little bit of blood she had gotten on the side of her lips, knowing that this was just all too easy. But that was only phase one of her plan.

Phase two would start after Stiles woke up again; a vampire of course.

---------

well, should there be a part 2 or no? I watched a youtube video which inspired this, plus someone had requested it, so here it is. Hope you guys enjoyed it! I felt bad for killing Stiles, but we all know how bad ass he'd be if he were a vampire.

Just. Imagine.

*drools*