Excuses

Isaac

It's like he had all of a sudden dropped the flirtation once I had come back from the bathroom, did I do something? I groaned releasing my stress through the clay on the pottery wheel. I was trying to finish my orders as it was getting late in the day at 6:00, but it seems like every two out of three were going wrong. Can't this just be good to me today? When he leaned into me I got so excited, I didn't want to embarrass myself by acting like a child. He was clearly flirting with me and I screwed him over. It's almost amusing how I had thought that today was going to be good, it just seems to be worsening by the minute.

I sighed deciding to take a break as my phone rang, I let it continue to ring while I washed my hands, whoever it is knows that I'll get back to them. I don't really talk to several people over the phone, some would call me antisocial in a way. The third time the person called me I decided that it might be nice if I actually answer. "Hello". I leaned back into the chair that I sat on getting comfortable. Might as well let my body get some relief even if my mind refuses to.

"What the hell Isaac!" I groaned listening to Bell whisper shout profanities at me. I must've really messed up lunch, but I don't even know what I did. "... You better get your ass to this party and fix it".

"-wait so you're having a party, and I'm just now invited?" That is actually rather rude, I am his friend too, I would expect an invite.

"Isaac", he growled into the phone. Okay, so maybe it wasn't the best idea to steer away from the current conversation topic.

"My shop isn't closed yet, and I have a lot of orders", which all seem to be going wrong. I can only imagine what I sound like to him, because even to my ears my excuses sound like crap.

"Then close early, because I refuse to have him sit here and feel like he's been rejected when I know damn well that he hasn't. What were you even thinking?" What was I thinking? I never wanted to put him down, I do like the man, I just- I don't know.

"I don't know, I just didn't want to pester him, plus I was being professional". The excuses aren't getting any better if I do say so myself.

"Bullshit". I deserve that.

I sighed pressing my fingers against my upper nose between my eyes. "I was nervous okay, now please will you just shut up". I could hear him mumble some crap under his breath but he eventually calmed his storm.

"Just get here". He hung up leaving me no choice but to go or get into further trouble by Bell. I can't believe that I honestly messed up so badly that Bell would call me to fix it, Marc must be very important to him. I'm not even sure what I'm supposed to say to him, maybe the truth will work best. I'm about to embarrass myself even more in front of him, why can't this be easier, I'm pretty much about to confess my crush on him. I'm too old to be getting nervous like this, these jitters are aggressive and highly annoying.