Chapter One

This is it. My last year of being a child. After this I am a teenager. I have my family all around me and I received the best gift ever, books! I know what you are thinking, "Oh great, she's a bookworm." But you need to realize that books are my ticket out of this world. With books I can go into whole different worlds without ever leaving my own. I always wonder what it would be like if I really went there and interacted with the characters.

Everyone has left and it is just my parents and little brother with me. The time says that it is eight forty five. It is almost time for me to go to bed. It has been a big day for me, I hope I can go swimming tomorrow. I go up to my room to start reading one of my books before going to sleep. I was into reading when suddenly I started to feel a terrible pain in my gut. I looked at the clock and if said it was eight fifty two. The pain gradually grew worse and worse until I was crying out in silent screams. The pain became too much and I lost consciousnesses. 

When I awoke I was no longer in my room. I was outside surrounded by trees. I was wearing a simple white gown and my feet were bear. I looked around terribly confused until I heard a howl in the distance that made me freeze. I looked around frantic and spotted a tree that I could climb easily. I scaled it quickly and tried to steady my breathing. Suddenly a man wearing only wearing only a pair of jeans appeared a few feet from the tree I was in. I kept quite as he started laughing and took a deep breath. His head snaps towards where I am hiding and I see that his eyes are a deep blood red.

"Well, well I can not believe my luck. First I get away from those mutts and then I find myself a little snack," says the man chuckling in a dark manner. 

I just knew that he was talking about me. I am scared as to what he means by snack. He walks to me at a leisure pace. As if he is taunting me. I thinks he knows that I know that I can not run. I wish I knew how I got here. I start to cry. It is my birthday for crying out loud. I did not want any of this. The man is directly beneath the tree and looks me in the eye.

"Why don't you come down and make this easier for the both of us. You and I both know that there is no escape," said the man.

I make my way down in fear of what would happen if I did not. When I stood in front of him, I realized that he was at least a foot taller then me. I trembled waiting for whatever was to happen to me. The man smiled at me darkly and grabbed my shoulders. A loud growl echoed through the clearing. Out came a wolf bigger than a bear. It seemed to be all alone and did not like the man at all. 

"Hmm, all alone. I can easily take you and be on my way with my pretty little snack," he snarls and runs at the wolf. 

Something told me that my only survival was that wolf but it was alone and what looks to be injured. I tried to understand what the man was, when I realized he seemed a lot like the character in my book that I was reading. But, that is impossible, vampires are not real. The wolf and the vampire start to circle each other. I look around frantic; my thoughts going a mile a minuet. 

Vampires drink blood. I have plenty of it. I slowly back away from the two powerful creatures. I back up while looking for something I could possibly use to cut me to bleed. I hope that I could possibly distract the vampire so the wolf has a better chance. I was not watching where I was going and end up tripping over a overgrown root. I end up hitting my head and a splitting pain went through me. The last thing that I see is the wolf jumping on the vampire and hearing the sound of a horrible cracking.

~Time Skip~

When I woke up I was in a hospital room and a curtain blocking my view from the rest of the room. I blinked my eyes trying to get use to the bright lights. The curtain opens to a blonde man with a clip board and a warm smile. 

"It is nice to see that you are awake. I am Doctor Cullen. I would just like to ask you a few questions," said Dr. Cullen.

"Okay," I say still trying to get my bearings. 

"Other than the bump to the head you seem to be fine," he says looking at my head. "Lets start off asking what your name is."

"My name is Lydia Patton. Can you tell me how I got here?" I ask hoping what I went through was just a dream. 

"You were found out in the woods by a young lady that was out on a hike. We believe that you went out walking into the woods and tripped when you went off the hiking trail," says Dr. Cullen.

I stayed silent and dumbfounded. Does that mean that it really did happen? No it couldn't have. I must have gotten kidnapped or something and dropped off into the woods. Dr. Cullen also said that they did not know who I was. Do my parents even realize that I am missing? I was so deep in thought that I did not realize that Dr. Cullen was talking to me. 

"Are you alright? I have been trying to ask where you came from and if your parents are around so that they can be contacted," repeating himself.

"Can you first tell me where exactly I am? The last thing that I remember was being in my room getting ready for bed," I say lying at the end. 

"You are in Forks? Is there something wrong?" asks Dr. Cullen.

I pinched my arm three times. Either I am in a really deep dream or I am inside my book. Oh my God. I am in a place that vampires are real and I nearly was sucked dry by one.