17. Amoureuse

Amelie's POV

We've been in the airplane for 7 hours and 45 minutes now. Jim is sleeping soundlessly. He looks beautiful when he sleeps, like an angel. I look at him for a few seconds, all wrapped in his blanket, his eyes softly closed, his breathing soft and steady, his hair messy, his head delicately resting on the pillow, and his lips; his perfect, soft lips, slightly parted. I desire kissing those lips, to just simply get lost, cuddle with him.

I sigh, and turn back to the TV in front of me. I chose to watch The Big Bang Theory while Jim slept. I am watching The Parking Spot Escalation from Season 6. I absolutely love this episode, makes me laugh like crazy.

"Your threats are empty. Nothing can move me," says Sheldon.

I try to contain my laughter to avoid waking Jim up, as Howard tries to run over Sheldon, who's writing equations in his parking spot. I laugh in silence again, all this time to prevent waking Jim up, but then I get a little pissed off, since they turn the lights on, and Jim wakes up anyways.

"Good morning," he says.

"Good morning," I reply.

He smiles at me, and brings his seat back to normal. Then, the flight attendant starts talking.

"Ladies and gentlemen, we would like to gladly inform you that breakfast will be served in a few moments."

"Oooo, breakfast," says Jim, rubbing his hands together.

The TBBT episode is still not over, but I turn it off anyways, since Jim is awake now.

"You were watching The Big Bang Theory?" he asks.

I nod. "Yeah, I was."

"Aww, that is so sweet of you."

"What? I always watch it...ALWAYS!" I say.

"Really?" asks Jim, a little surprised.

"OF COURSE! I don't know why you are surprised about this."

He shrugs. "I don't know...never mind," he says, laughing.

The flight attendant reaches us, handing us the breakfast. She gives us some freshly baked bread, butter, fruit, and an omelette.

"Yummy," I say. I take a bite, tasting the flavors of the bread and butter with fruit. Suddenly, I feel the nose of the plane go down, and the engines lose a little bit of power. "Ooooooo," I say. "We are descending."

"Really? How do you know?" asks Jim.

"Because I felt the nose of the plane go down, and the engines lost a little bit power."

Jim claps his hands in excitement. "I can't wait to land! This will be so much fun, and it is just the beginning."

"I know! We need to go for crêpes!"

"Yes we do."

Jim and I talk and talk, laugh and laugh like always. I look out the window, and see that we are getting closer and closer to the ground. There is absolutely no clouds in the sky, and I can see the entire city.

"Oh my god! Jim look!!"

Jim leans over and looks out the window. "WOWW! This is gorgeous!"

Jim and I are looking at the Eiffel Tower from the plane. I feel excitement and happiness rushing all over me. I can't wait to explore Europe with my best friend.

The plane gets closer and closer to the ground. I can see the runway through the window. The plane gives a left turn, and aligns itself with the runway. It goes down and down and down, until I finally see the runway beneath us. The plane smoothly touches down. What a great landing.