chapter one

Chapter 1

Ryan*
I try to open the front door to our house dieing to come inside, but the key is jammed. I take the key out and wiggle it back into the keyhole. It works. The first thing I see is Greg carrying the clean clothes. "Hey Greg". "Ryan, it was your turn to do the laundry, but I did it for you. Anyways can you make dinner? I need to trim my mustache. I haven't had it trimmed in almost two weeks." asks Greg. "Sure." I reply. He thanks me by nodding his head, then disappears around the corner that leads to his room. I look in the pantry which looks pretty dull with just the everyday foods like bread and nutella. I look in the fridge and decide for the Mac and cheese that's been taunting me on the top shelf. I place water and the noodles and cheese from the Mac and cheese package in a pot and heat it up following the regular mac and cheese recipe. I sit on the couch and check instagram like my normal routine, but this time an ad pops up talking about a game called candy crush. At first the ad shows how you plays this addictive game. All you have to do is swipe 3 red jelly beans, blue lollipops, green squared candies, purple jello candies and they disappear. Hmm, I take a look at the app. I look at the trailer for Candy Crush. I hit the install button. I stare deeply at the downloading bar as if its going to download the faster I stare, but, no. It keeps the same pace. The downloading bar turns into a blue button that says "open" and a green button that says "uninstall". I hit the open button because i am so anxious to play the crushing game. A tutorial opens. Its a long skinny, animated guy with glasses and a little speech bubble that says "swipe to get 3 in a row to get points" so I swipe the jelly beans, squared candies, lollipops, and the jello figured candies to change the combination so that I get three in a row. Damn, I'm good at this game. I pass the first 5 levels with out a problem but it's level six I need to pass. "Ryan!" A voice shouts out. Its as if whoever called, took me out of my video gaming world. I turn my back to see Sean staring at me. "What?" I yelled at him.
He looks at me as if I am a different person.
"You left the Mac and Cheese cooking too long. Now its burnt. Are you alright?" He asks
"I'm fine" I mumble. I feel bad about leaving the food cooking too long.

*I'm going to be writing this book in different views of different people. So I need to let the reader know that I am doing this. For this chapter it's in Ryan's view. Ic it said Sean it would have been in Sean view.