chapter 6

Ryan

After Dee leaves, I finish my taco. Then Greg takes my phone.
     "Hey. Give me back my phone!" I tell him. He still doesn't give back my phone.
     "No. You need to stay off you phone." He puts my phone in his pocket.
     "You're right. I should stay off my phone." I put Dee's paper plate and my paper plater in the garbage. "I'm going to go to sleep."
     "Alright. Wait Ryan you need to do a video. You haven't done a video in weeks." Says Sean.
     "Yea." Says derrick.
     "Vlog." I answer. I go upstairs and go to sleep.

                                                                                    ××××××××××

     I wake up. I go downstairs. Greg is sleeping on the couch. I try to sneak my phone out of his pocket but when I reach inside, there is nothing. I wonder where he put my phone? Then an idea hit me. I get in my car and drive to the store. I stand in line to buy a bag full of candy like in candy crush. The guy behind stares at me.
     "What?" I ask.
     "Nothing." He replies. I turn around. Its my turn to check out.
     The cashier says "must have kids. Right?" I think he assumes that because of the candy.
     "No!" I tell him. I must have sounded agitated and angry because he shuts up the rest of the time. I drive home.
 I get home and open the door. I dump all the candy on the coffee table and sit on the first couch. The candy sprawls out. Some candies go off the table. I pock them up and put them on the table. I start arranging the candies in a candy crush order. First I arrange the red round candies. They don't crush. I don't understand. They are supposed to crush! I leave them then I arrange the blue squared candies. They don't look anything like candy crush candies. Maybe this is a new level. I look back at red candies. They aren't crushing! I rearrange the blue candies again. They still don't crush. I move on to the green candy. They don't crush either. What is going on? The I arrange the small peppermints. They don't crush! Why? Before I know I stop and look at what I did. Its horrible. All the candies are arranged but none of them are crushed. What must I do to make them crush. I grab the cylinder plastic can that I got them from. I see Greg walk in with clean laundry. I start to have a nervous break down. I turn to Greg and yell "why don't they crush?" He sets the clothes on the second couch and sits next to me.
     "Its alright Ryan. Its alright." I hear his voice.
     "Ryan do you wanna have a night where everyone just sits on the couch and play games on their phone." Sean says. I didn't even know Sean was in here.
     "Yes, please can we do that." I say. Sean must have stopped my breakdown because I feel better. Greg gives me back my phone.