The Beginning

He picked up the biggest cucumber, I had just stocked. His friend which I was fast realizing was his boyfriend or lover made a joke about the guy always wanting big hard items. He punched his friend and turned to walk off but not before I caught a glance of both their asses.

I waited a couple minutes after I was sure they had left my section. Before popping my head around the corner to check just in case I was wrong. They were gone luckily. Taking a breath I grabbed the next item on my cart which happened to be a huge corn on the cob. I couldn't hold back the small laugh that squeezed passed my lips, even though I was the only one in the section. Or so I thought. Grabbing the rest of the corn, I filled the small bin to the max. Before heading on to the next thing.

Throwing the green onions up on the green rack, I soon realized that the next few onions I would have to reach on my toes to put in unless I wanted all the onions to fall. Gripping the lower bin to pull me up a little closer I tried putting in the last of the green onions but was still too short. This is why I hated my height of 5'5. Tall things was always so hard to get to! Stupid tall co-workers. Relaxing my toes, I wait a second before again trying to reach the bin. Messing again I just about gave up when a hand grabbed the rest of the onions and place them into the bin for me.

Turning to thank the person that helped me, my words fell short when I realized it was the pair that had just been joking about the cucumbers. Oh shit! I thought they had gone. Remembering that I was at work, I quickly thanked them and literally ran to talk to my co-worker Israel just so I could play off the embarrassing moment. Leaning against his cart, we – well Israel talked about this new game that was coming out when I made up some lame excuse to get away from him. The boy could talk and I had work to do. I didn't want Jose, my manger, on my ass again for not finishing my work and I didn't have Danny there to help me either.

Grabbing my cart, I saw some paper on it. Annoyed at this point because usually when I found paper on my cart it was either used or had some unknown substance on it. Like what the hell did I look like a maid? Well I wasn't! I was a clerk! A produce clerk at that.

Grabbing a plastic bag off the rack, I placed it over my hand to move the paper when I saw the ink. Ink? Why would there on ink on the paper unless it was a list or a receipt but receipts were only found on the floor in the front end not back here. Still I picked it up, a little nosey now. I almost dropped the paper when I realized what it was. Looking around I searched for them but this time for sure they were gone.

A number! There was a damn number on the paper and a message. What the hell?! Shaking my head I read the massage. "We liked the view. Call us." The view? What view? The view of the tables? Wait hold the phone call us? Us? As in both of them? Was I wrong in assuming that they were gay? No I'm pretty sure they were gay. You don't make jokes like they did or stare at each other like they did if you weren't gay.

Shaking my head I crumbled up the paper and placed it in the trash. Whatever the joke they were playing, I wasn't interesting in laughing.

Finishing my business, I pondered what they meant by view.

Snacking on some red grapes, I grabbed some vine tomatoes to stock. When the next thing I know, the doors are slammed open and I trying to hid the evidence of my grapes on the cart as if they were bad. Eyes wide open, the remaining grape fell from my mouth when the same guy who had made that joke about the cucumber came through the doors pulling his "friend" behind him.