12:Assistance

Crammed. That was the best word to describe the vehicle. Every seat was filled. We were in Kelie's sleek stealth ship. Kelie, Captain Brianna Roberts, and I sat up front. Melanie and Phoebe sat in the back manning the weapon systems.

"How long until we reach Medina?" I asked fiddling a copy of the sleeper agents list in my hands. I called it the Blacklist.

"Approximately thirty minutes, Captain Roberts said.

Enough time to make a plan. I go nowhere without prior planning. Saving my sister comes second to saving mankind.

One memory of my brother and Channeline stood out. It was my first technological convention on the moon hosted by my family. The turnout was massive.

I allowed my mind to focus on the recently surfaced memory.

  ******************

I walked into position. A chair behind a black table in a glass cube suspended above the crowds. I sat between Channeline and Paleas at the black table.  

People came from all over the universe to attend this once every ten years convention to show off the things they have made. Some are hired by morse corp as full-time employees, or consultants. Most were simply told their work was not good enough. Either way, the experience was an amazing one.

"Ah, how nice. It appears this year's wave of fresh minds has done truly exceptional," Channeline said.

"Perhaps," Paleas said dryly.

We were here to simply observe and offer advice. Not to judge. Paleas watched on bored by the whole proceeding. Channeline, on the other hand, looked on with eagerness and excitement.

"Channeline, observe that TerraNovian's computer system," I said pointing towards a blue-skinned boy with a Square steel box, each of it's forward facing walls had a floating holographic screen floating in front of it. The computer was apparently talking to individuals who came back. People stood around the young inventor in awe of his ability. "He looks like he may receive employment here at Morse Corp."

"Certainly. The computer is reported to have a nearly infinite database and is capable of procession equations with over a trillion digits."

"Preposterous. I shall see this 'Superior Computer' first hand," Paleas said stomping off down to the convention floor.

He did not win. The boy dropped out and mysteriously vanished. No doubt my brother had something to do with it.

  ****************** 

I rubbed my eyes thinking back to the simpler times. When Channeline's only goal was to be a politician, Paleas a business executive, and I just wanted to be an inventor.

My sadness must have been obvious because Captain Roberts placed her hands on my shoulder and said, 'We are going to get her back."

I knew what she meant.

"Coming in for a landing," Kelie spoke for the first time since we left. "Prepare to exit."

Medina was a dirty city. The air was filthy and the streets crowded. The city's inhabitants did not let that affect them. They moved about just as lively as anyone. 

The ship was docked and everyone was out. All we needed was the location of Valentine and Jason.  An Initial Force Hub based on the message I received.

We were there  in moments. The hub was big and out of place. I went into the building with only Kelie at my back. Everyone stayed back at the entrance. We approached the building to have more Initial Force Men Escort us to the Command Room.

Jason stood in the center running it all. He was surrounded by angled computer monitors. Ahead of him was an even bigger monitor with maps and information. The Morse Corp HQ was at the center of it.

"Over here Saleemah," Jason shouted waving over. "Report Agent Alvado."

"Sir," Kelie began. "Here is the asset. The list of sleeper agents. We are to infiltrate Morse Corp and break into Paleas's network for a way to disable his double agents."

Jason was focused. He rubbed his chin in thought. "Saleemah, what do you think?"

What did I think... I think we do what we can so I told him, "It's the best we have at the moment."

He nodded. "There is someone here for you."

On the opposite side of the room, a glass elevator opened up. Valentine stepped forward. She approached me, awkwardly embracing me.

"Now that you are here we can start," she said. Then she shook Kelie's hand who reluctantly shook her hand.

"Are you joining us Jason," I asked hoping he would.

"There is nowhere I would rather be than helping you guys but I have been stationed here to run this place and provide support."  

"Understood, Let's move out."

We made our way out of the building. This time, I had another person with me. Valentine.

A new vehicle rolled up to us. An operations van. I opened the two back doors to reveal a small command room of my own. My squad was ready for action and so was I.

I took my seat at my command chair. Everyone else got to a computer or any other station available.

I leaned back in my swivel chair.

"Mother," I said talking mostly to myself. "Where do you suggest we start."

"Get  into Morse Corp and locate your brother's lab."

Hmm, good idea.

We inched our way slowly down the road all the while preparing ourselves for our next operation.

"Alright everyone," I announced. "Here is the plan. Captain Roberts, you stay in the vehicle and manage communications. Kelie, you go ahead and disable security systems. Phoebe and Melanie come with me. Valentine, you stay here and guard the van."

The plan was explained and understood. We go in break into my brother's lab and get the information we need.

We were at our destination. The glass and vector metal tower stood in front of us amidst a busy area field with office buildings, cars, and security staff patrolling the area. A red M was on the face of the building 

"Pull into that parking garage."

Into the thirty story parking garage we went, breezing by security and parking our vehicle. We all prepared ourselves. Kelie put on a new cloak and set of light armor. Melanie and Phoebe put on new gear as well and strapped assault rifles to their back.

If I want to upgrade, I will have to get to my lab.

"Melanie and Phoebe," I began looking my most loyal friends over. "Are you ready."

Not a word was spoken. Just a nod. Good.

"Kelie, into position," I said.

"Understood, she said running and jumping over the rail into the crowd below. Unseen and unheard, like a ninja of sorts.

Now it was our turn.

"Activate stealth mode"

We all did going near invisible.With a zip line loaded in my forearm, I launched it's heavy tip lodging it in the side of the building. I activated it and flew forward. My team followed my lead using zip line guns. There had to be a few traps in store for us.

Either way, this mission had to be completed.