Adventure Is Out There

.....INTRODUCTION.....

"I just want an adventure."

I find myself thinking this a lot.

(I apologize right now, I am having a case of severe writers block, along with that, my writing skill is limited.)

As Agatha Christie once wrote, "To all those who lead monotonous lifes in the hope that they may experience at second hand the delights and dangers of adventure."

I sit, wishing I could be something. For me, I enjoy greatly the British show Doctor Who, a story where a witty nine hundred year old Time Lord travels in a blue police box, all around time and space, and saves all of creation. I compare that to the monotonous life that I live. I dream about adventure. I live day by day, waiting. Nothing comes.

I try to make in my head, that I'm a quirky,lovable geek. I walk around, book in hand, quoting scenes and parts from my favorite books. Who knows if I play the role okay. I would like to think that another fellow nerd would come one day, and whisk me away. Again. Nothing.

Do you ever find yourself walking in a large crowd, thinking "Wow. I'm just a number. Another face that blends in. I'm nothing special. Just another fourteen year old girl." You hope that someone would see that you aren't. That you're different.

You're special. Your quirky. You're a writer. You have a wardrobe that consists of fan merchandise. You love musicals. You can read a 700 page novel in three hours. You have watched every single episode of Star Trek. These things label you as you. They are the qualities that actually make you proud of your being. Make you feel wanted, needed in this world. To you it makes you feel like your unique, not the typical American, living day by day. But nothing really goes on. You spend your whole life doing absolutely nothing with it, and life goes by in the blink of an eye. Another life lived.

The story being told you now is about a girl named Eleanor, who faces the same problems and thoughts as I do, daily. Even though this is a story made up about a character that isn't real,keep in mind, this girl is me. In some ways. And maybe even you. We all have that inner geek in us. So embrace it.