Chapter- 20

"She is in critical condition and there is no possible way to help her."

Jason looks at the papers and licks his lips. "I'm pretty sure Shannon's name isn't Beverly."

The doctor looks up and chuckles. "Oops, sorry, okay- here we go... She should be fine, she lost feeling in her hands and her stomach but we are still trying to figure out some exercises to get her all better."

I should be able to help with that. *smirks*

We all sigh in relief.

"Can we see her?" Sydney asks, sniffing.

The doctor shakes her head. "I'm sorry, only the oldest one may go at the moment."

I smile inside, because that's me. I look over to Jason and Sydney. "I'll be back, don't do anything stupid while I'm gone."

Jason winks at me and Sydney waves.

The doctor opens the door to Shannon's room and I walk in it and shut the door behind me so I can have some privacy with her.

I look at her, sleeping peacefully on the hospital bed. I bite my lip and start to tear up. Wow, I never knew a girl could make me feel like this.

I grab her hand and sit down in the seat next to the bed she's on. Stroking it, I lay my head on her arm and sniff.

"Hey baby, I'm so sorry that I've gotten you into all this shit. You don't deserve a man like me. At the same time, I can't stand when another guy looks at you. Janet has told me that I look at you with such passion and love in my eyes, and I'm proud that I have you. I will be willing to go through whatever life throws at us because I want to prove how much I want to be with you.. I want to prove to you how much you mean to me, how much I really love you."

A feel a slight squeeze around my fingers, and I look up to see Shannon smiling weakly, and in tears.

"I didn't know I meant that much to you Michael." She says quietly, her voice shivering.

I walk over to her and wipe her face. "Oh baby.." I put my forehead against hers and start to cry.

A few minutes later she pushes me off lightly. "Baby be a man.. For me?"

I peck her lips gently. "Alright."

"Have you talked to Janet? Is she worried about me?"

I bite my lip and sigh. "Don't worry about her, Shannon. I'm all you need right now."

"Michael stop being so selfish, please, for once."

"When was I ever selfish before?"

"It's like you own me.. Michael." She looks out the window and sighs.

"I'm only trying to protect you! Who has been here for you for the past few days?"

"I'm beginning to shut people out because all I do is just hang around with you!"

I stand up straight and cross my arms. "So do you want me to just walk out of here?"

Shannon shakes her head. "No.. Please!"

"Do you just want me to break up with you?"

"After all you said? Michael!"

"That's because I'm not going to fucking break up with you just because a simple argument!"

"Baby please stop you're making my breathing hoarse.." Shannon feels around her neck and gives me a worried look.

"Oh fuck! Shannon see, I'm sorry. You know I love you more than I love myself or my family or anything." I grab her hand and stroke her cheek. "What do you need?"