Chapter 23

Jack's POV

Detention, again. Just when I thought with two months of not getting into any detention, I wouldn't get into it again. But guess what?! Elsa, my ex-best friend, got me into this mess! And her stupid boyfriend, Evan.

I just can't stand it, how could she?! Elsa never intended for any of this, but just because so happen the person is Evan, she's willing to do all that crap?! Even trying to kiss her is a problem, how did Elsa and Evan managed to do that much? Why, why, why Evan, why did you have to come? I hate you so much! You started all this, I hope you can end it like, NOW.

Ever since I made that confession that I had a crush on Elsa, no one else in school looked at me the same way. Especially the girls that were crazy over me. As for the boys, they were annoyed and mad that the girl they had a crush on actually liked me. Elsa crushed my dreams, I crushed the other girls' dreams, basically, everyone in school has been crushed. And it's all because of love. Stupid me, liking someone that I knew I couldn't get. But that also doesn't mean that I'm gonna force myself to like someone that likes me. No, I will never force myself to do that. Those feelings won't be genuine and true. It also won't mend anything. I cannot use another girl to imagine her as Elsa, it won't work.

Just after the last class, I went to the restroom. I looked at my cheek, it was still pretty red from Elsa's slap. And my stomach hurts badly too. Evan's punch was very painful.

By the time I came out, I was about 10 minutes late already. Ah what the heck, I'm always late anyway. And so I went straight to detention.

Surprisingly, there was no teacher there. Hiccup, Eugene, Elsa and Evan were already there. I sat in front of Hiccup and Eugene.

"No teacher?" I asked them.

"Mr Smith. He just went out, about a minute before you came in." Hiccup replied.

"K." I said, looking around.

I swear, looking at Evan just makes him wanna punch him back, for revenge. He makes it look like he's the only one in Elsa's life. Like, seriously?! You haven't seen her for 10 years and the first thing you do when you come back is, make her yours. Not cool man, not cool.

Evan smiled and waved at me. How dare he. I glared at him, wanting to just go straight up and give him everything I got. Then Elsa nudged him, whispering something. Seeing Elsa too is highly annoying. Finding a place to do your stuff?!

"Hey Jack?" Hiccup asked.

"What?" I asked, without turning around.

"You... Shouldn't look at them." Hiccup said.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"You wouldn't want even more detention when you start a fight in detention." Eugene replied.

"Who said I'm starting a fight?" I snapped.

"We did." Eugene said.

"Relax, I won't do anything, yet." I smirked.

"Oh boy..." Hiccup whispered.

And then, Elsa and Evan are just there, smiling, giggling softly, sweet talking away. Oh how my blood boils looking at that. Why, just why, Evan, did you have to come? That's the question I ask every single time I see Evan with Elsa.

The door opened, I was expecting to see Mr Smith, but no, guess who it was? It was Punzie, Merida and Anna.

"What are you doing here?" I blurted out.

"You got detention too?" Hiccup asked.

"Just checking on you guys. Just in case of anything." Punzie chuckled.

"Nah, no detention. But, Mr Smith did ask us to come here." Merida replied.

"There it is." Anna walked to the table, picking up some paper. "It's this one, right?"

"Yes." Punzie nodded.

"Hurry up and let's go!" Merida complained.

And so they left. Damn, I was hoping for more company. Since Hiccup is busy with his homework and Eugene is sleeping away, I don't exactly know who are the other students in this detention class, there's nothing to do. Other than getting even angrier looking at Elsa and Evan.

I quietly slipped out my phone and earphones. Might as well listen to music since there's nothing to do. I activated shuffle and listened away.

The second song I heard was from Bruno Mars: When I Was Your Man. The song doesn't 100% suit my situation, but close enough.

Oh, how I wish I confessed to Elsa much earlier. Who knows? Maybe I might just be able to get a shot. At least, I know where I stand and I probably wouldn't feel like that about Evan. At least, I would know what she feels and none of this jealously would happen.

I sighed deeply, regretting everything. I wish I did all this earlier, way before Evan came to the picture. Now there's another boy taking my girl far, far away from me. If only I could turn back time...

DON'T FORGET TO

READ

COMMENT

VOTE

SUGGESTIONS WELCOMED!