Chapter 12

Daniel insisted he would pay for some books I was dying to read as soon as I got back but I politely declined his offer. I bought the first book of the pretty little liars series, which I have yet to watch on television, I also bought another mystery novel called Heist Society. Daniel bought a horse riding book and a diabetes book.

"Is it alright if I ask if you have diabetes?" I asked.

"Yeah, well it's not actually me with diabetes. You know my younger sister, Claire?"

"Yeah she went to our school."

"She was recently diagnosed with diabetes." He sighs.

"Oh my god I'm so sorry for her."

"Don't worry it's not your fault. I'm just confused as to why she has to suffer when there are other people who do worse things." He sighs.

Eventually our time together comes to an end and I had to leave to be in time for the dress fitting.

"Well I have to go now, sorry. But I promise we'll catch up sometime later, yeah?"

"Sure okay." He smiles and pulls me in for a hug. I lightly pulled away but he still held on. 

"Okay um, gotta go." I push him off and wave politely before walking quickly to my car. I checked the time before starting up my car and following the road to the dress shop.

I parked my car in the small driveway and walked into the shop after locking my car. I pushed the door to enter the bridal shop. To my left were mannequins in the featured dresses and to my right was my best friend.

"Hey Presley!" Brooklyn squeals

"Brooklyn, are you excited?" I hug my best friend, soon-to-be-bride and give her a small rub on the back.

"Is that even a question? Of course! I think my head is going to explode like in the cartoons, except not with anger but excitement!"

The dressmaker walks over to Brooklyn and pulls her over to a change-room. I sit down on a lounge chair next to the window and look at Brooklyn's wedding dress which was hanging on a rack next to the three way mirror situated in the room so the bride, Brooklyn in this case, could see her dress from every angle.

I then see the three light pink bridesmaid's dresses which Brooklyn designed herself next to Brooklyn's dress. She had definitely done a good job on the dresses.

A girl walks in the shop who I recognised as Brooklyn's cousin from the coast.

"Oh hey Presley."

"Hey Kierra."

"Where's Brooke?"

"In the change-room over there," I point to where Brooklyn, the dressmaker and the dressmaker's assistant were. "How are you?"

"I'm good thanks, you?"

"Great." The blonde-haired, hazel eyed teenager looks into the three way mirror to fix her hair then sits next to me.

"School almost over?" I ask as I grab a Vogue magazine on the coffee table next to my chair.

"Yeah just two weeks then Graduation then I'm finally out." She smiles and checks her smartphone.

"Those last two weeks are hell, I remember when I was in high school and there was only one week left. I couldn't take it, I actually had to go to the doctor because I couldn't sleep or focus. Luckily nothing was wrong with me, but still, I was actually going to die." I laugh and Kierra laughs too.

Brooklyn steps out of the change-room just as the last bridesmaid arrives.

"Kierra! Tora! So good to see you too."

"Brooklyn!" The girls smile and hug Brooklyn who had her beautiful dress on.

"Oh my god Brooklyn you look absolutely stunning." I squeal and take a photo of Brooklyn sneakily.

"Thanks babe! But enough of the compliments, I'm going to need you three to put on your dresses because we're actually running a tad behind time."

"Here girls, come here. Who wants to try first?" The dressmaker hurries.

"I guess I will? If that's okay with you girls of course."

Hey so here's the chapter you people (I hope) have been dying for.
Sorry I couldn't upload for a while things come up and hardly let me work on chapters ( school :-/ )

anyways hope you enjoyed!

please comment your thoughts on what you've read :-) it only takes a few seconds to think of something sweet and make me happy :-D

- trin xo