Chapter 1: Jasmine - Not Again.

JASMINE

"Get the fuck up!" I heard him yell. Not again, not again, that was all I kept repeating in my mind. I opened my eyes and looked at the time, "3:04AM". What could he possibly want now.

"Jasmine!" He yelled as he turned on the light.

"What Daniel?" I asked as I sat up and squinted my eyes trying to adjust to the light.

"Who's this?" He held my phone in the air.

"Why do you have my phone? And who's who?" I was so confused. He threw the phone at me and almost hit me in my face.

"That." He said as he approached the bed with his arms folded across his chest. I looked down at the phone and saw a text message from my cousin, Brandon.

"You can not be for real right now. That's my cousin." I explained.

"I don't care. Why you texting him with all those emoji's and smileyfaces then? I told you if I catch you texting another dude one more time i'm gunna kill yo ass. You must think i'm joking or something! You think this is a joke!" He yelled as he back handed me in my face. 

"No. Daniel please." I cried as I held my cheek, it was stinging from the impact. 

"Your lucky I don't throw your ass back out on the street!" He continued to yell then he grabbed my neck and began choking me on the bed. His eyes looked wild and his breath stunk of liquor. 

"Try me again Jasmine, try me one more time. You'll be out there like your hoe ass mama, selling yourself for money." He spat before pushing his lips hard against mine. I continued to scratch at his hands but it did nothing. I learned that struggling only made things worse, but I still tried. He finally let go off my neck and I gasped in all the air I could. He walked out of our bedroom and slammed the door behind him. This wasn't the guy that I knew nor'  the guy that I fell in love with. I cried myself to sleep, but it wouldn't be the first time and I know for certain it wasn't the last.