Chapter 4

Jaxon.

Jaxon Bently.

Also know as Jax.

Thoughts of him filled my mind ever since our encounter last night. I couldn't sleep because of them. It wasn't until around four in the morning that sleep took over but even then my sleep was filled with dreams -more like nightmares- of the events that happened two years ago.

It was noon, and I had been laying in bed most of the time aside from using the restroom. But I never dared to go downstairs. Either it was because he could still be somewhere around here or because I didn't want my parents to ask more questions that they came up with over night.

I wished it could have been the second. But who was I kidding? I was doing fine without him. Whatever stuff happened with us, was over the day he left two years ago.

Ago.

As in past.

But if it was the past why did I keep thinking about it now? Why did he keep invading my thoughts? All I wanted to do was forget. That's why I started dancing.

The intensity of hip hop helped me forget. But what about now? He was back now. Would that change anything? Or was it all going to be the same?

I sighed and jumped out of bed. Deciding that I couldn't lay in bed all day and think over everything that has happened. That would just stress me out.

Jax's POV *night before*

I missed her.

It was like if these past two years did something to her. She wasn't the same girl I left. She changed. But even if she changed I still didn't miss the way my heart beat sped up at seeing her again.

"Jax? Hello Jaxon!"

"Huh?" I asked dumbfounded.

"Man you totally just spaced out."

Confused, I looked at my surroundings. I was standing in the middle of the Singer's kitchen with Jai next to me and I was staring right up the stairs where she had just disappeared.

"Oh. Um, I think I should go" I told him turning back to face him.

"It's almost midnight Jaxon. Why don't you just stay in the guest room tonight and you can leave tomorrow." He suggested.

"Alright." I nodded. Not bothering to argue.

Jai led me up the stairs towards the guest room. He said goodnight and walked across the hall to his room. After he shut the door I took a deep breath and looked around. Jayda's room was right across from me. I sighed and stepped into the room I'd be staying for the night.

Jayda's POV

I changed into my white over-the-shoulder shirt that had 'peace' written in black bold letters. Paired with my floral pink and black leggings and my classic black and white vans.

I brushed my teeth and let my jet black hair down it's full length. I opened my bedroom door and walked out into the hallway. Just then the door to the guest room across from me opened at the same time and out came Jax. My eyes widened and I was about to go back into my room quickly but he spoke.

"Hey Jayda. Haven't seen you in a while." He smiled wickedly. "You do remember me, don't you?" He asked like I was stupid.

"Sorry no. Who are you again?" I played along turning to face him.

He smirked. "I know when you're lying Jay. Just like you lied to your parents last night."

"You don't know anything!" I half yelled. He was getting on my nerves, calling me Jay and all I wanted to do was avoid him and slap that smirk off his face.