Chapter 13.5: Belladonna

AUTHOR'S NOTE: This is the updated 2022 version of Chapter 13.5. If you are re-reading this part, you may observe some changes from the previous version.

CONTENT AND TRIGGER WARNING: This chapter contains graphic depictions of and references to death and gore that may be upsetting for some readers. Please be mindful of these sensitive themes and other possible triggers. Remember to practice self-care before, during and after reading.

 Remember to practice self-care before, during and after reading

LOKI

"TWINKLE, TWINKLE, little star

"TWINKLE, TWINKLE, little star. How I wonder what you are~"

Who on earth would sing that song?

My back felt the coldness of the floor. Why was I lying in this place? My eyes were already peeled opened but I couldn't clearly make out of where I was. Shadows . . . I saw shadows around me.

I tried to get up from the floor. The throbbing pain in my head made it hard for me to sit upright or stand. . It's like ten hammers were beating my skull all at once.

"Twinkle, twinkle, little star. How I wonder what you are~"

That familiar tune was playing over and over as if it's on repeat. It's coming from the room meters in front of me. Was someone trying to annoy me deliberately by making me listen to that song? Only a few people knew how much that children's song meant to me and how much I hated it.

I pulled myself up again and stood slowly. I finally got to my feet, but my vision was hazy. My head was still spinning. I could not walk on a straight line. I had never been drunk before, but this must be how being intoxicated would feel.

I wobbled on the way to that room where the music was being played. I needed to stop it before I'd lose my mind.

I lost count on how many times I stumbled on the floor. Aside from feeling dizzy, my knees felt weak. I was like a phone drained of all its energy. Maybe there's something in the food and the drink that I consumed. Unfortunately, I couldn't remember how I ended up here.