Chapter 2: Crap I Just got Abducted

★★★★★

   "HI." I say to my... Mission? Case? Person I have been trailing for the past 48 hours? 

    He looks up confused. I don't blame him. He probably thought he was safe in this rundown crap of a diner.

    "What?" He asks.

    I lean forward slightly.

    "Pretend we're talking." I say and give a light fake chuckle.

    "We are. What do you want, kid?"

    "Well good... Cuz you never know who's listening." I reply ignoring the last part.

     I pray silently he ignores the fact that I AM ACTUALLY a kid.

   "I don't even know who is talking." He informs me.

     I give him a small smile and glance around making sure know one is listening.

    "Skye. That's who. And you're the 'Hooded Hero'. PLLEAASE tell me you're not staying with that?"

     He feigns surprise.

    "Look KID, I'm not- I'm a FACTORY worker." My Hero lies. WELL half lies. I did the research. He did work at a factory. 

    "YAH by day. I've seen you. You're a like for real superhero! Which is- OK I am not like a groupie or stalker or anything... But oh my God! That is so freaking cool!"

   I push my superhero fangirl side away, and ATTEMPT to keep calm.

   "OK." I say to myself. "Don't draw any attention to yourself."

   Mr. Superhero or whatever is just staring at me.

   "How old are you?" He asks dumbly.

   I wave the question off with a flick of my hand.

   "You are in danger." I tell him quietly.

   "Look... Kid, you've got the wrong guy!" He says exasperated.

       "No. You've got the wrong approach! The cute girl in the hospital is dying to thank you." I smirk at him and wiggle my eyebrows. "The clip of you saving her has got more hits since that puppy with vertigo. And you're HIDING  from this , and can't even find a job you like !" I gesture to the job ads on the table.

   He sighs.

   "What kind of danger?"

   "Shield."

    "Shield?Like I should carry a shield around?" He asks confused.

       "Shield Government.Big scary men in black suits. Go after people like you. They knew about the battle of New York BEFORE it even freaking happened. They cleaned it up before anyone knew what happened, OVERNIGHT, before anyone asked the right questions. How long do you think it will take for them to clean you up?"

   I can see my 'hero' silently starting to freak out. I don't blame him.

   "And-and you want to know why I'm hiding?"

     "But what if you didn't hide? What if you got in front of this? Let people see YOU, and what you can do! You're a hero!"

    He shakes his head. "I'm just a guy."

      "Guys like this have jobs. Get perks..." I shift slightly on my seat and look him in the eye. "I can help. I'm good with computers. Like weirdly awesome. I can help you create a new identity. Or... I dunno, a mask. A new identity. I can protect you."