Chapter 3 - 3:26 AM

I stirred in my bed because I heard strumming coming from next door. I look over to my bedside table and the clock read 3:26 AM. You have got to be kidding me. I got up from my bed to see where the unknown noise was coming from. It sounded relatively close. I could only think of one bastard that would play music this early or late, however 3 AM is classified. 

I walked into mine and Luke's bathroom and pressed my ear to the door that led to his room. He was playing the acoustic guitar and he sounded fairly good. He then began to sing. 

"Tonight we're fading fast. I just wanna make this last. If I could say the things that I wanna say, I'd find a way to make you stay." 

I smiled to myself he sounded beautiful, I never took Luke for the musical type and especially not someone with a good voice. I listened to him play a couple more songs until I felt my eyes closing. Time for bed, I guess, but not before I tell him to shut up. He did sound good but there was no way I could fall asleep with that noise.

I gently pushed open the door and his head snapped towards me. 

"Why are you awake?" he whispered. 

"Hm, I don't know. Maybe because you decided to play music at 3 in the morning."

"I couldn't sleep. Nothing better to do," he quickly replied. 

"Well do something a little more quiet, because I would like to sleep." I turned around to leave but his voice stopped me.

"Stay in here with me." 

"What?" 

He hated me, why would he want me to stay with him? Why is he being nice?

"Stay in here with me. I wanna play you a song I'm working on." 

"Luke, I really just wanna go to sleep..." 

"Please," he interrupted me. 

"Fine," I huffed.

I moved my way over to his bed and got under the covers of his black and white plaid sheets. 

"What are you doing?" He chuckled. 

"Well you're forcing me to stay awake, the least you could do is let me borrow your bed." 

He laughed in response and sat in the desk chair across the room. He pulled out a dark colored acoustic guitar from under the desk and strummed it a couple of times. 

"So I've been working on this song. I haven't told the boys about it yet because I haven't finished it. I wanna get your opinion of what I have so far," he rambled. 

"Luke," I laughed, "I don't need the backstory, just play me the song." 

That quickly shut him up and he started with the first couple of chords. Then he opened his mouth to sing with that beautiful voice of his.

"All the crossed wires,

Just making us tired

Is it too late to bring us back to life?

When I close my eyes and try to sleep

I fall apart, I find it hard to breathe

You're the reason, the only reason

Even though my dizzy head is numb,

I swear my heart is never giving up

You're the reason, the only reason."

"Why'd you stop? Keep going!" I screamed.

"That's all I have so far, babe." He laughed at my reaction, "Why did you think?"

"I would have liked it a ten times better if you didn't leave me wanting more." 

He smiled at me and looked at me for couple seconds. I broke our eye contact by burying myself more in the covers. I quickly fell asleep to Luke strumming random melodies on his guitar.

~~~~~~~

I woke up to something lightly tugging on my hair. I slowly opened my eyes to take in my surroundings. I looked around and noticed this wasn't my room, it was Luke's. I then turned to Luke, how was hugging my backside and one hand playing with my hair. 

"Good morning, love," he lazily smiled at me. 

"What am I doing in here?"

"You fell asleep in my bed last night and I didn't want to wake you so I crawled in next you. I like hugging something while I sleep so I guess that's how we ended up like this. Then I woke up and I was too comfy to let you go," he mumbled. 

"Can you explain you playing with my hair?" 

"Well, you see, it looked really soft so I couldn't help myself," he blushed.

"I appreciate you letting me stay in here but I'm gonna go take a shower." I got up from the bed but he instantly pulled me back down to him. He kissed me on the cheek. 

"Now go."