Chapter Two

Third Person P.O.V

Twelve hours of heading south later, with multiple stops because of Yuki being very out of shape, Krist finally comes to a stop.

"Here we are!"

"And this place is.....?"

"This place is what my friends and I call, Fort Illumination. It's where a group of my trusty pals live and keep around for survivors-just like you and I-to keep safe, and make a living. The leader of this place is... Well, you'll see, you'll meet them here sometime later. And don't worry, she won't hurt ya'. Not on my watch at least."

Ears twitching with unease, Yuki dips his head. "Alright then. Show me what I must do to do my part here."

Nodding, Krist leads Yuki to where the barrier of Fort Illumination is. They stop to see the entrance of the Willow. All around them are dead trees, brown and yellow grass, and abandoned shacks. With its chocolate-colored walls with greens and grays mixed into it, the building blends into the background of the surroundings. Full stock trees, close and freshly patched grass, and a few nicely grown out gardens in the back. It's extremely different from the front. But that's just on the 'outside.' When you pass the barrier, you see a what appears to be a whole new world, but the key is to pass the correct place in the barrier or you'll get the wrong image. The surrounding area becomes freshly cut grass and a small park off to the right over by the Weeping Angel Forest. 

The building is what gets people, with its high structure and low windows. With its colorful mixtures and large entryways, it catches the attention of most bypassers. That's why it has the barrier. If a human saw this, they'll be attracted to it and won't go away. Which is bad for us Nekos.

Walking through the barrier gives everyone chills, unless you're a part of The D.A.-Demon Army-of The Underworld, because they don't feel human emotions.

Everyone that has traveled throughout The Wandering Deadly Willows says it's creepy and quite disturbing, with the dead, and haunted walking freely around the land.

Krist just walks on through, ignoring everything, knowing that his friend made these things guard the entrance of Fort Illumination. Okay, Walk Left 14 steps, Walk Straight 35, Walk Right 17 steps, Walk Straight 47, Walk Right 45 steps, Walk Left 68, Walk Straight 90 steps. Ah! Here it is the entrance!

Meanwhile, Yuki follows in his steps, watching Krist's movements with care. The wolf does quite a good job of mastering the obstacles that Krist defeats before him.

Looking up, Krist sees the big bright green and gold doors of the Fort. Nodding, he-while walking-takes out his keycard for the Fort's entry access. Sliding his card on the card slit, he punches in the code into the entry access port.

Finally, the wolf Neko speaks up after staying quiet for such a long time.

"Well.....this is....um....."

The grand doors make a loud squealing noise.

Krist looks over at Yuki, hearing him speak. "Yeah, that was my reaction to this place when I first saw it. But now that I look around, it hasn't been too long ago; this place keeps looking better and better each time I visit." The dog gives his canine ancestor a wide smile, proud that he's apart of this organization.

"Okay time to meet the Boss." Krist walks into the front entrance, stopping in front of Boss. Standing there in front of them was a person they must call Boss, the leader and founder of this organization. With her 5 year old appearance, and piercing red eyes she isn't much but, she's a sadist, a deadly one to. Boss has a very rare coloring type thing going on with her hair, half of it on the right side is a dark chocolatey brown and on half of the left side is a seemingly brightish pumpkin orange. Oh! And don't forget about the brown, red, and orange wolf ears and tail. She also has black and orange demon wings behind her-telling everyone that she's a demon too.

She closely watches them walk in, making sure the wolf doesn't make a wrong choice. She looks Yuki up and down and Krist sees that she recognizes him. She quickly relaxes and bows immediately, showing her respect for a higher rank. Her wings fold back onto her back, ears fold down atop her head, and her tail stills, while she bows at Prince Yukidanare of Nekotalia.