Chapter One. Reunited

As the cool and crisp Paris air overcame her fresh face, she stepped off of the jet's walkway confidently, in one swift motion.

"Merci, Javier." Elaine turned to the small, plump man, holding her bags and flashed him a quick, charming smile that left him in awe.

"Javier, la porte!" She demanded, as she took a small compact mirror out of her tote, along with a tube of crimson lipstick.

As soon as the small Javier opened the door to the limousine for her, she sat down gracefully, extending her legs out, and applying the lipstick to herself. She looked up at the limousine driver with a slight smirk.

"Bonjour..." She smiled up at him softly as her fingers tangled with a stray strand of her hair.

The young, handsome driver gave her a slight smile in the mirror, careful of his reaction as he pulled up to her destination.

"Ici vous êtes, Madame." He smiled to her as he opened the door for her, noticing her elegance in a moments time as she exited. She had a way with her movements.

"Merci, boucoup..." She smiled back at him, winking with her left eye as she walked off without another word.

She stepped forward, looking up at the mansion in front of her as her mind raced with memories.

"Here we go again." She rolled her eyes, speaking only to herself in a monotone, and uninterested voice.

"Madame Elaine, so pleasant to have your accompaniment once again." A petite elder woman, standing at the main gates smiled and followed behind her, as she walked among the gardens, to the main entrance.

"Hello? Is anyone here?" She called, as two men opened the elegant doors, only to reveal a great mansion.

"Yes, coming!" An older lady chirped from an unknown location as small, light footsteps were echoed throughout the castle of a home.

As Elaine stepped inside, her eyes couldnt help but wander the mansion, looking up and down the walls, looking for anything new from the past several years of her absence.

"Amazing. Nothing has changed..." She reached her petite hand out to touch a lace and diamond framed portrait of a small child, just as a familiar voice let out a gasp that made her jump and drop the frame on the floor.

"Oh Elaine!" The small, older woman chriped of great suprise and shock as she ran to her side, holding her in a great embrace.

"Oh Elaine, darling! You came! You said you wouldn't come!" Her mother, Elizabeth yelled with an excited voice, her arms still smothering Elaine.

"Yes, Mother. I'm here." She rolled her eyes and patted her back three times, before pulling away and straightening her grey pencil skirt again.

The small woman smiled, nodding her head enthusiastically before replying.

"Oh, your father is out at a meeting with an advisor at the moment! I just can't wait to see his face when he sees you!" She carried on, "My, just look at you! You are more beautiful than ever, Elaine!" Her heavy French accent couldn't quite cover her excitement.

"Thank you, mother, but believe it, I'm here. Not for long, but I'm here. Now, where is she?" Elaine took her Channel sunglasses off and carefully sat them by her bag.

"Elaine?" A tall, beautiful young woman called from a spiral staircase, as she ran down it, almost tripping over her own two feet out of excitement.

"Oh Elaine it is you! I would know that voice anywhere! Oh Elaine, you came! I can't believe it!" She laughed and ran to hug her.

"Oui, I'm here Annette." She let out a soft laugh and pulled away after hugging her sister for a brief moment.