Chapter 23

*Later that night*

(F/n)'s POV

We finally stopped riding for the day, and right now the others were pitching up the tents. Jean, Mikasa, and I were all on guard duty for any Titans.

The squad leaders and commander Erwin were looking over a map. A few cadets went into the forest not too far from us to get fire wood. "This is sooo boring!" Jean whined.

"What did you expect? This is the Military, not a trip to grandma's house." I replied, rolling my eye. I could hear Mikasa snickering off in the distance, and felt Jean getting more pissed off every second.

"Shut up, cyclops. I wasn't talking to you!" He shouted. "Then who were you talking to?" I asked in a calm voice. "I..er- uh...never mind that!" Jean barely answered.

"Alight, alright, alright." I said in a sing-song voice. (PewdDiePie) Then I saw the cadets return from the forest with the fire wood.

They put it all in a pile that we would light up later when the sun sets. And speaking of the sun, it looks like it was starting to set now. "We should start the fire now." I told Mikasa and Jean.

"Who's going to be on Titan watch?" Jean asked, as we walked back to the area with the fire wood. "No one. Titans aren't active in the nighttime, don't you remember anything they taught you?" I scoffed.

"Geez, ok! I get it." Jean muttered. After we got the wood set up and the fire lit, the sun was already down. Everyone sat around the campfire and watched the stars glisten in the dark night sky.

Is was really quiet. Too quiet for my liking. And just to my luck, Hanji broke the awkward silence. "Who's ready for dinner?" She shouted, passing out bread to everyone. "No thanks, Hanji. I'm not hungry." I told her once she got to me.

"But you should ea-" "I'm not hungry." I cut her off. She sighed, shrugging it off and going to the next person. "I'll be on watch tonight." I volunteered, standing up and putting my 3DMG on.

"But didn't you just say that Titans aren't active at night?!" Jean asked, confused. "I did, but not all Titans are like that." I replied, walking away.

"She's got a point, one of my Titan test subjects lasted hours without the sun!" I heard Hanji exclaim. When I got a bit far away from the campsite, and to the edge of the forest, I sat down on a large rock and stared at the trees in the forest.

I heard Hanji shouting about Titans then a bunch of laughter erupted. I turned around and saw the bottom of Hanji's cape on fire, and she was flailing her arms and running in circles.

Eren was laughing so hard that he fell backwards on to his back. "Stop, drop, and roll, Hanji!" I shouted to her. "Oi! Son of a bitch, that's hot!" She shouted again, rolling in the grass.

I shook my head and chuckled, turning back around to look at the forest. After awhile of just staring at the forest entrance, I heard someone walking up to me.

"We're going to bed, you sure you want to stay up all night with watch duty?" I heard a monotone voice ask from behind me. "Yes Levi, I'm sure." I sighed, looking over my shoulder.

"Alright..just asking. Goodnight." He replied, walking back to the tents. "Night." I exclaimed.

>>>Time Skip, brought to you by Hanji's flammable cape>>>

It felt like hours passed, when in reality it was probably only a few minutes. I saw a rock lying next to me, it was around the size of the palm of my hand. I picked it up and chucked it into the forest.

I guess I threw it a little far, because I didn't hear it hit the ground. I shrugged and took out one of my blades just to examine it.

I heard something crunch from inside the forest so I glanced up at it. There was nothing there so I just ignored it for now. I focused my gaze back on to my blade I was holding, when I heard the noise again.

"I swear to God Jean, if you're trying to sneak up on me, that'll be that last thing you do." I called out.

No response.

"Ok, what the hell is that nois-......" I looked up and saw a Titan walking out of the forest. 'Shit!' I quickly got up from the rock and pulled out another blade.

Just before I maneuvered to the Titan, it was standing in front of me. "Aw, fffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucccccckkk." I slowly said, staring at the Titan.

I shot up one of my anchors at the Titan's neck. Swiftly slicing the nape, and landing back on the ground. When the Titan's body fell to the ground, it landed with a loud 'thud' making the ground shake a bit.

I looked back to the tents and saw Hanji rushing over. "(F/N), WHAT WAS THAT?!" She shouted, making it over to me and panting. "There was just a Titan, sorry for waking you up." I put my blades back.

"It's ok, I just wanted to make sure you were fine." She said walking back to the tents. "See you in the morning, be careful!" She exclaimed. "I will!" I replied, going back to sit on my rock.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry it's a short chapter, it was the best I could do for now. But yeah, hope you liked it!

❤️Peace❤️