Chapter 3: Instant Noodles And A Sleeping Mum

A/N: THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH FOR READING MY STORY.

Please leave comments, vote, and follow!! I can't believe this story has 69 reads already!! :DD

"Mum?" Ember said as she walked into the living room, looking around. "I'm home.."

"Ember," Her half-asleep mum came into view. "How's school?"

"Good," Ember said, shrugging it off.
"Hey, you saw the news?"

"The n-news?" She asked raising one of her eyebrow.

"Yeah."

"Oh, about the murder thing."

"I think the murders are kinda related." Ember commented.

"Related??"

"Um, never mind."

"Haha.." Ember's mum said before lying down on the sofa and quickly falling fast asleep.

"Hmm.." Ember murmured, lost in thought.

Then, Ember went to the kitchen and took out a pack of Maggi Mee to cook.

As the steam from the pot rose, an aromatic smell filled the air. Ember then went to eat her instant noodles.

After eating, Ember took her small backpack, put on her favourite dark purple cap, called to her mum 'goodbye' and left the house.

While Ember sat on the bus, she looked out of the window, through the condensation, and saw that it was raining.

Ember muttered a curse under her breath, now she was going to be drenched again, she thought, sighing.

As the bus approached its final stop, Ember got off, into the gloomy street...