Chapter 7 - Taint Me with Blood

Chapter 7

"Do you really need to leave?" Paul asked me. "Can't you just stay here?"

"Wow," I chuckled. "A werewolf begging for me to stay. Priceless,"

"Are you going inside my head?" he wondered.

"Nope," I told him. "You're just really begging for me to stay,"

"Will you come back?"

"Of course," I said. "I'll visit you oftenly. And I'll be back to meet your new imprintee,"

"I'm not really sure if I would imprint again,"

"You will,"

"What makes you sure about that?" he questioned.

"Instincts," I grinned at him and I stepped forward to hug him. "Trust me, you will find another one. Maybe better than Rachel,"

"I hope so," he said hesitantly. In his mind, he knew that there wasn't going to be anyone better than Rachel.

But what if he was wrong?

I sure hoped that he would find his new imprintee soon.

I wouldn't want him to suffer over Rachel's death.

He needed to move on sooner better than later.

"I really need to go back to Volterra," I pulled away from him. "You already know that an army of nomads are out there to get me,"

"Want me to help you beat the shit right out of them?"

"They're so many, Paul," I rolled my eyes at him. "It's going to be total suicide for the two of us to fight against them," he was about to say something when I cut him off. "And you can't ask your pack for help when it comes to a vampire outside the Cullens. So, we have no chance of winning,"

"You can beat them, right?"

"Maybe," I shook my head. "But there's a ninety percent chance for me to go crazy going inside all of their minds at the same time. It would really tire my brain out. And you do know that I can't fight them once my powers are off,"

"Limited powers," he laughed. "It really sucks,"

I playfully punched his arm and his rock-hard body stumbled a little bit because of my vampire strength. "I know it sucks, no need to rub it on my face,"

"So this is really goodbye?"

"I already told you that I'll be back," I rolled my eyes once again. "I'll check on you regularly so don't go around forgetting me,"

"Like I can even do that," he said as he hugged me once again.

***

Since I knew that my life was put in danger now, I didn't have a choice but to go back to Volterra. It was one place where I knew that I could be safe. I entered the mansion without anyone questioning my existence since they pretty much feared me now.

Every vampire inside this castle didn't want to cross paths with me. They even tried to shut their brains from me but it failed, obviously because I could still read their minds. "You're back," Aro stood up, shocked of my image in his castle, inside a particular room.

"I knew you wouldn't think of me coming back," I said emotionlessly as I read Aro's mind. He was disappointed at Alec when he left me and thought that I wouldn't come back to their wing. After a minute, someone shielded me from my own ability as I expected. "Alec," I smirked at him. "How are you?"

"Where have you been?" he glared.

"Please," I laughed humorlessly. "Like you even care enough to find me," His only response was silence because he knew that I was stating the truth. He didn't care enough to find me and my whereabouts. He just simply cared about that Brynn Cullen. "You know, Brynn's dead,"

"What?" he whispered.

"I killed her," when I said that, he immediately ran towards me in vampire speed and circled his hand around my throat.

"Alec!" Aro ordered but Alec didn't listen to his master's command.

"What did you do to her?!" he shouted at me.

"As I said," I smirked, not minding about the pain his hand was giving me. "I killed her,"

My face was close to cracking. My smirk didn't falter, not even a bit.

I did kill Brynn, well, sort of. If she followed my advice, she was obviously dead by now. Her death was going to be the start of a new life for her. And I didn't need Alec to know about that.

"Felix! Demetri!" Caius ordered the other two Volturi guards. They pulled Alec away from me. It was a good thing that Alec did not fight from their holds. He did know that killing me wouldn't actually bring Brynn back to the dead.

Well, if he really did believe that she was physically dead.

"We spotted a couple of nomads attacking the castle," Marcus yawned. "Do you know something about that?"

"Actually, I do," I responded.

"You do?" Caius asked and then somehow realized. "Of course you do,"

"What is it, child?" Aro then took his seat once again. Alec was still being held by Felix and Demetri. I noticed that Jane wasn't in sight. Maybe Aro ordered her to get some blood or something. "Please feel free to tell us,"

"The nomads are after me," I explained.

"How did they know of your existence?" Aro frowned. He didn't like the idea of someone taking me away from their grasp. "Who told them?"

"Brynn Cullen," I smirked at Alec who now tried to get out of the two vampires' hold, but his strength wasn't enough to defeat two bigger vampires.

"What did she do?" Demetri decided to ask.

"She told the nomads of my existence in exchange for Seth, her soulmate," I made the story short. "She didn't want him to die. There was a hundred or more nomads there,"

"Her soulmate?" Marcus repeated. "The werewolf?"

"That's it," I nodded. "That's why they're after me now,"

"You wouldn't join them, right?" Felix asked. "The Volturi needs you,"

"It depends," I shrugged as I walked out on them to go to my room. Before I could even step out of the main room, I turned around and said. "But I might."