Chapter 1

"Athena, we need two salmon steak." The head chef said and I gave him a thumbs up. I quickly started to do my thing. I'm a chef in a really famous fine dining restaurant called Skye. It's a western fine dining restaurant.

I always wanted to be a chef and now I'm 25 years old getting my dream job. My dad is a famous chef too and he has his own restaurant in New York. My family are all in New York while I'm alone in LA.

Why? I want to have my own experience without leeching to my dad. I don't want him to help me and I don't want people to hire me because of my dad. My two brothers came here to LA every three months to check on me because my parents worried too much.

We always call every 3 days, just to check on me. I'm glad that I have a family who supported me in everything I do. My dad taught me all the basic things and I'm grateful for it. My mom is a fashion designer, she used to hope that I would be like her but she supports me one hundred percent. As for my brothers, the oldest Jayson is an architect and my second brother Jackson is a doctor.

"Athena, 3 carbonara and another salmon steak!" The head chef said and I quickly do my thing. Order kept coming and there's no stopping.

"1 Lobster mac and cheese."

"2 Lasagna."

"1 Mushroom soup."

"3 Fish and Chips."

I bet I cooked all the food on the menu tonight. I'm not complaining at all, I love my job but sometimes I just need 5 minutes to breath.

"Athena, come on!" I passed the playe and he gave me a nod. There's 5 professional chefs here and we all worked good as a team. Order kept coming and suddenly I was stopped by Minnie. She's our manager and she gestured me to stop everything.

"Is everything okay?" I asked.

"Please follow me." She said in a serious tone. I gulped nervously because I'm pretty I didn't make any mistake.

"But.. can it wait?" I asked.

"It's the boss' order."

"Boss?" I asked.

"Yes, our boss." Minnie gestured me to follow her fast. She led me out from the kitchen to the second floor.

"Did I do something wrong?"

"I don't know, please keep up the pace.." I followed her up and she lef me to the small meeting room. She knocked the door and gestured me to go in. I opened the door and my eyes widen.

"Anderson?" I looked at him disbelief.

"Hello Athena." He smirked as he got up from his seat.

"What are you doing here, Ares?" I asked.

Ares Anderson is my highschool friend. We're friends nothing more. He's the most popular guy in school. He's a playboy and he always change his girls like he changed his clothes. Now that he's all grown up, girls leeching to him for his money.

He's still popular until now, he's all over the magazine and all over the celebrity news.

"Athena, how are you?" He asked as he pulled me into a hug. I looked at him suspiciously.

"Sit down, please." He said.

"You're my boss?" I asked and he nodded.

"Okay, that kinda make sense."

"You like your job?"

"Of course, or else I won't work here." I stated the obvious.

"Because you're fired." He said and my jaw dropped. I looked at him confused because I'm pretty sure that I didn't do anything wrong.