Nemesis

"You're in love with him aren't you?" Getting Yugi's attention glancing over to a group of girls who were teasing a flustered classmate looking away with a serious lightly bothered expression since his lip hurt due to light bruising from yesterday with Kaiba looking down at his puzzle sighing to himself. "If I hadn't taken over, Grandpa would of caught the Pharaoh in that mess, no doubt about that..."  He thought getting up walking out the door till he bumped into Tea blushing lightly since his face hit her chest backing up, "S-Sorry Tea!" He quickly apologized looking up to see Tea blushing lightly herself clearing her throat looking away. "It's alright Yugi... Ah, your lip..." She said glancing to him noticing how exhausted he looked her eyes glancing immediately to the bruise on Yugi's lip, "A-Ah, it's nothing I just bit myself accidentally yesterday." He lied with a exhausted expression noticing Tea make a face, "...Yugi...". "I'm really really tired. I think I'm going to leave-", "Hey Yug!" Feeling a rough hit on his back glancing up to see Joey and Tristan looking at him with a grin but dropped it upon seeing their friend's appearance, "It's nothing I'm fine, just a little tired is all..." Yugi said with a exhausted smile walking away from the group who looked worried, "Maybe he's just stressed about the Duel with Kaiba...".

 Kaiba of course showed up to school with the small duelist managing to stay awake till the last period of his class leaning on his desk tirelessly taking notes till he fell fast asleep laying on his arm, the other over his notes with his lips parted breathing softly with the brunette who happened to be seated next to him glancing over to him feeling a bit guilty about it wanting to wake him but stopped himself from doing so. Yami who was in the puzzle a bit depressed jumped up surprised when Yugi tapped his shoulder seeing his partner'a exhausted expression and bruised lip, "Shouldn't you be paying attention in class Yugi...", "I probably should be but I'm just really tired you know?...", "Kaiba is sitting next you correct?" Seeing Yugi nod and sit next to him leaning against his shoulder shutting his eyes. "I really don't have the energy to care." Yugi mumbled feeling his partner's hand ruffle his hair, "Don't be sad Yugi, it's okay to cry if you want...", "Huh?... But I'm not-" Yugi said but paused hearing a sound that seemed to fill the whole puzzle unaware he was making a bothered expression in his sleep with the brunette now unable to concentrate in class watching his rival carefully.

 "Crying?..." The amethyst eyed teen thought opening his eyes glancing up to see a pained expression that surprised him on Yami's exhausted face seeing small tears run down his cheeks clutching his chest, "You're the one the that's crying..." He said getting up suddenly hugging his other self to comfort him catching Yami off guard, "You're in love with him aren't you?". The alter ego's eyes widened at what his partner said, "No that's impossible..." The spirit said feeling more tears run down his face, "But you are Pharaoh... Otherwise you wouldn't be this depressed... You think I don't know when something is bothering you?..." Yugi said softly feeling Yami's arms wrap around him and lean his face in his chest. "I'm so sorry Yugi..." The spirit said with a pain in his chest trembling realizing Yugi was right unable to hold his emotions back making Yugi feeling awful for not being able to cheer his partner up, "There's nothing to apologize for Pharaoh..." Yugi said unaware an uncomfortable bothered expression was on his sleeping face in class. "Yugi. Yugi Mutou!" The teacher called out when he noticed the sleeping student unable to wake up the sleeping duelist with the friends worrying, "Yugi!-", "Will you shut up and go on with the lesson already old man?" Kaiba cut in looking at the teacher with a sharp angry look in his blue eyes surprising the teacher and Yugi's friends, "...Going on with the lesson...". "What was up with that?..." Tea and group asked quietly confused while Yugi slept on and the brunette leaned on his hand with his usual serious expression glancing over to his rival getting up to leave since no one cared but took the sleeping rival in his arms unnoticed calling someone to pick them up at the front of school.

 "It's not like you to cry..." Yugi heard unsure whether he was talking in his sleep or not waking up and sitting up taking a heavy breath realizing he was in his own bed putting his hands on his face making a face, "...I feel so horrible..." Feeling a pat on his shoulder to see the spirit next to him pointing to the opening door. Yugi turned to see his grandpa at the door looking at him worried, "Grandpa...", "You look awful... I heard you fell asleep in class..." Seeing Yugi look down making a face, "You should be resting-", "Why am I here? Who even brought me here..." Putting a hand to his face sighing hiding the small bags he had under his amethyst eyes. "You won't believe me when I tell you this but... It was Seto Kaiba..." Making Yugi's eyes widen in surprise, "Actually he's sitting right by you if you hadn't noticed..." The older Mutou said quietly making Yugi turn to see Kaiba fast asleep on his desk, "...I...", "You don't need to say anything Yugi, just be sure to thank him when he wakes up..." He said shutting the door quietly behind him. Yugi was surprised after everything Kaiba put him through that his grandpa didn't hold a grudge against him jumping up when Kaiba spoke up turning to see him still laying on his desk but looking at him with his icy blue eyes, "You weren't...", "Wasn't Asleep? No, but should be resting." He said getting up walking over to him seeing Yugi tense up but clearly seeing the bags under his amethyst eyes.

 "Again you seem different... It's like you have a split personality or something..." The brunette said unaware of the irony running his finger over his rival's bruised lip, "Why?...", "Why? Because something tells me you're not the only one suffering, am I right Pharaoh?" Making Yugi's eyes widen at what Kaiba said holding the puzzle in his hand. "Kaiba...!" The smaller rival said tensing up surprised when Kaiba got on the bed and suddenly embraced him tightly but gently, "...Yugi...", "Pharaoh you need to take over..." Yugi thought with Yami making the switch with the brunette noticing but didn't say anything of it with the alter ego feeling his soul melt at Kaiba's embrace gripping the sleeve of his rival's school uniform. "...I don't understand you...", "And I don't understand this double personality of yours..." Kaiba said nuzzling against his neck feeling his rival embrace him back tightly, "Even after the way I treated you the other day you still don't push me away... You must think I'm an ass..." Feeling Yami shake his head, "Not exactly... I was okay with it..." Yami said surprising Kaiba who just cupped his rival's face so that he was facing him. Yami's sharp amethyst eyes met with Kaiba's icy cold blue eyes surprised when the brunette kissed his forehead, "Don't cry, it isn't like you..." Kaiba said embarrassed since he was comforting his rival, "I'm sorry..." Kaiba said almost quietly putting his hands over the others leaning his forehead against Yami's, "There's nothing to be sorry about Seto...". "I always keep coming back to you...", "That's because we're connected in more ways than you think..." Yami said softly, "I don't know how I fell love with you..." The brunette started looking Yami in his amethyst eyes, "I don't know how, I don't know why... I just did..." Seeing Yami finally smile up at him making him blush and his heart skip a beat. "That's funny because... I fell in love with you too." Yami said laughing softly feeling Kaiba's finger run over his bruised lip and hair, "We'll start again and make this right... But no one else will know about us..." Kaiba said kissing his lips gently, "It's a deal Seto, but call me Yami..." Yami said happily in the kiss feeling Yugi smile in the puzzle satisfied.