20. I'm Never Gonna Let You Go

The day had been amazing. I'd been hesitant about what to expect at Warped Tour, but it had been amazing. Everyone was friendly and I really got along well with Jenna from a band called Tonight Alive and Tess, the merch girl for Pierce The Veil. A few hours after All Time Low's set, they had a signing. I tried to assure Alex I'd be fine hanging by myself, but he insisted I accompany him. There were more long looks when Alex would turn around to kiss me or tell me something, but for the most part, I just sat behind the guys under the tent, minding my own business and playing on my phone. When that was over, Alex clasped his hand in mine and led me to one of the stages. His friend, Mod Sun, was playing and we watched the rapper's set. It still wasn't necessarily my type of music, but I enjoyed it and Mod Sun was really nice, though a little overwhelming. We caught a few more of Alex's friends performances before going back to the bus and hanging out with his band and crew. I loved being submersed in his world.

In the time before the barbecue started, Jack made it his job to tell me all of Alex's embarrassing moments. I couldn't help but laugh at my boyfriend's antics while he glowered at Jack' storytelling. 

"Did you really wash your phone in the sink?" I laughed.

"I was drunk," Alex defended.

Once it was dark and the crew had finished taking down everything, the barbecue started. Alex and I walked with his band mates. I could already hear the loud conversation and pulsing music coming from the gathering. As soon as we walked into the space, Alex was immediately met by a tall guy and they jumped into conversation. I walked off to grab us drinks and hopefully run into someone I'd met earlier so I wouldn't be clinging to Alex the whole time. It was a bit nerve-wracking knowing almost no one. I wondered if this was how Alex felt back in South Carolina. He had been on my turf, and now I was on his. I liked getting to see this side of them though. Alex wasn't nearly as quiet as I'd known him to be. To everyone here, he was this loud, wild ball of energy. However, with me, he was soft and sweet.

There were several large coolers, all stocked with glass bottles, along with rows of liquor and a stack of red cups. I grabbed a Smirnoff Ice for myself and a Heineken for Alex. I wasn't legally supposed to be drinking, but no one seemed to care.

Finding Alex in the crowd was a bit difficult, but eventually I spotted him. As soon as my eyes landed on my boyfriend, I froze, my gaze turning into a glare. A few yards away, Alex was standing under a tent while some brunette chick ran her hand across his body. I was about to bolt and fume alone with my anger, coming to all sorts of false conclusions. However, I stopped myself before I could even turn around. 

Although we hadn't yet talked things out, Alex had made it pretty clear during our fight that I had a tendency to run. Maybe I should just relax and figure out what was going on. Surprised my own rationality, I walked forward. Alex's eyes brightened as soon as he saw me and it ended the reluctance in my stride. The brunette was smirking at my boyfriend and her hand was still on his chest. Ugh, I wanted to get all possessive and practically growl at her, but I kept my calm.

I reached Alex's side and handed him the beer which he quickly uncapped. The girl quickly took a step back, her eyes becoming narrowed slits. I kissed Alex's cheek and smiled at the bitch in front of me.

"Hi, I'm Hayden, Alex's girlfriend. You are?" I questioned, trying to be polite, but I was sure some cattiness showed through.

The brunette ignored me completely. "You didn't tell me you had a girlfriend, Alex? You'd think it would come up within the past few nights."

"I've been pretty drunk the past few nights," Alex replied awkwardly. I looked at him curiously. I'd been hoping last night had been a rare occurrence, but it didn't seem that way.