Chapter 1: Game On

Kylie Anderson nervously twisted a piece of her bright red hair around her finger as she looked out of her window to see if he had arrived yet. She glanced down at her phone for the tenth time that minute. 814 pm.

In celebration of their one month anniversary, Kylie's boyfriend, Levi, had said that he wanted to take her out on a small date and he would be there to pick her up at 8:15pm, sharp. That wasn't even the best part; Levi had also said that he had a huge secret that he would tell her, but only if she promised to never tell anybody. Of course, Kylie agreed and could hardly sit still for the rest of the day after she'd gotten home from school. She wasn't sure if she should be worried about it or not, but she was sure it was nothing to be worried about.

It was a Friday night and she couldn't think of a better way to spend it than to spend it with him.

Despite only being together for a short period of time, Kylie couldn't help but feel like she loved him. She had dated other guys in the past, but none had ever made her feel the way Levi did. She smiled at the thought of growing up together and having a child or two.

A car honking outside brought Kylie back to reality and she snapped her head up to look. It was him. Smiling, she ran out of her bedroom, down the stairs, opened the front door and ran through the clean-cut green grass. Levi held her door open to his 2016 Yellow Camaro. She smiled as he said, "Get in. You're gonna love tonight."

Kylie smiled back and took her seat in the passenger's side. "Well don't keep me waiting, tell me where we're going."

He shut her door and made his way around to the driver's side and got in. "It's not where we're going that it the surprise, it's the secret that is the big present." Then he shoved the keys into the ignition and drove off.

About 15 minutes later, they were already on the road and quickly passed by dozens of trees that surrounded the small town of Fayhaven, Connecticut. Kylie pulled down the sun visor and peaked at her reflection. Her hair was straight and beautifully colored with an auburn color that nobody else in her family had. Her light complexion went well with her hair as well as her chocolate brown eyes. She knew she was pretty, but she would have never guessed that she was nearly pretty enough to have a boyfriend like Levi.

Levi, on the other hand, was all perfection and pure beauty. His hair was a light brown but had streaks of almost gold and was always spiked up. His eyes were a crystal blue and could convince any girl to do just about anything, or at least Kylie thought so.

Levi looked over at her and noticed she had been staring. "Want a picture instead?" He teased.

Kylie felt a little embarrassed but at this point in their relationship he should know that she would be doing this very frequently. She shrugged. "Just admiring the fact that you're actually my boyfriend." She replied. "I still can't really believe that you are. Are you actually real or are you just a figment of my imagination?" She jokingly reached over and put her hand on his cheek. "Yup, you're real alright."

As her hand came in contact with his cool, smooth skin, she didn't pull it away. Levi looked over at her, then took her hand in his and kissed it with his soft lips.

"It's even harder for me to believe that a girl like you exists, much less wants to date me," He replied sincerely.

She smiled and removed her hand, then began drifting off in a daydream while gazing out her window at the evening sky.

Upon arriving on Emery Street, Kylie had already found out where she was being taken. "I love Ruby's!" She gasped as she unbuckled her seatbelt since they were now parked in front of the small Diner.