Chapter 2: Disagreements

As Levi's car rolled down Belland Road (where Kylie lived) they noticed all of her neighbor's homes had their lights on and some people were even standing outside in their pajamas. They must have heard what happened, Kylie thought.

They drove up to her house and parked in the driveway. They didn't talk immediately. The only noise was the soft sound of their breathing.

Levi broke the silence. "Are you alright? I mean, after all of what just happened. I'm here to talk about it if you want," He said sympathetically.

Kylie couldn't imagine how her family was feeling at this point. "I'm fine," she began, "and thank you but I'm not really in the mood to talk about any of this at the moment."

Levi reached and held her hand in his. "I'm glad you're alright."

At that moment, the front door of the house swung open and out stepped Kylie's mother, Carla.

The two got out of the car and immediately, Kylie nearly fell over from her mother embracing and kissing her.
"Honey! I was so worried!" Carla sobbed into her daughter's shoulders. "Are you alright? Do you have any marks on you?" She scanned Kylie for any bruises or cuts.

"Mom, I'm fine. I promise." Kylie pulled out of the hug. "Levi was there to protect me, and if it weren't for Levi, I would've probably ended up like the woman we found back there."

Carla gave them both a confused look. "Wait, what woman? You found a woman?"

"Yes ma'am,"  Levi kept a calm face, trying not to frighten her. "I'd love to answer all if your questions but I'm sure you'd like to be alone with your daughter for a while."

Kylie felt so thankful. She made it out alive, with some help from her boyfriend. She would never forget the immense deed that Levi had done for her that night, and she definitely would  not forget the whole bloody incident.

***

Three days had passed since the incident and it was the first time Kylie and Levi went to school since. The days after that night, her phone flooded with calls and texts asking if she was alright.  People had stopped by her house to ask a few questions and sometimes give gifts, which she appreciated, but the last thing she wanted was for her to go back to school and have a bunch of people gather around her and ask questions. She just wanted a normal school day with no questions and nobody bringing up the subject. It was over so there was no point in talking about it continuously, Kylie thought.

Levi put the car in park and turned to her. "How you feelin'?" He reached over and placed his hand on hers.

She smiled. "I'm fine. Like I said, I just don't want questions. I hate questions."

Kylie had made sure that everybody knew that, too. While texting her friends earlier that day, she told them that she didn't want the subject brought up and she wanted to forget it, for now."

Then Levi walked around the car and opened her door for her. "Why thank you," She did a little curtsey as she got out. They immediately got stares from everybody in the parking lot. There was a couple standing at their car that began whispering, as if it wasn't obvious.

Levi grabbed Kylie's hand and they quickly walked inside, but upon entering the school, they were greeted with more stares. "Don't worry about it," He said quietly.

"Kylie!" A girl with short brown hair and a hat on ran up to them and hugged Kylie.

"Hey, Rachel!" Kylie exclaimed. The two had been best friends since the 3rd grade and somehow still were. "Rachel, you know Levi."