Chpt. 1

I was dancing in the dorm, whipping my hair and singing along. I looked to the door, not expecting to see Ruby standing there. I screamed in surprise and stumbled backward. I tripped and fell, banging my head on something really hard. I blacked out after hearing a faint voice scream my name.

Ruby P.O.V

I ran to my big sister's side and held her on my lap."Yang! Answer me, please!" I yelled. She was out cold but she still cringed in pain and groaned. I rushed her to the nurse and she was taken to the hospital. Weiss, Blake, Team JNPR and Emerald waited outside of Yang's room with me. I nervously walked back and forth accords the waiting room, anxiously waiting for her results.

"Ruby, the sound of your shoes against the floor so hard is annoying. Just calm down." Weiss said obnoxiously."Calm down? Calm down?! How do you expect me to calm down?! I'm scared!! My sister could have amnesia, or worse! What if she'll never be the same again?! I could lose my sister and you want me to calm down?!?!" I screamed, only to then be slapped in the face by Nora.

"Ruby, shell be fine. Stop worrying!" She shouted at me. I rubbed my cheek and heard the door open. I sped over to the doctor."Is she okay? Please tell me she's okay!" I panicked, latching onto his lab coat."Well..." he began.

Yang P.O.V

I sat upright on the hospital bed, hanging my feet over the edge and kicking them back and forth. The doctor was behind me on the other side of the bed, silently writing on his clipboard.

"I'm not gonna make it, am I?" I ask. But I hardly heard it."Well, Miss...........there's just..........but......."

"I'm sorry, but I literally heard five words out of that sentence." I said."I said.......you just......"

"Doc, you're mumbling. I can't stand people who mumble." I said. He wrote on his clipboard again and showed it to me."I'm not mumbling, you just can't hear me." I read aloud.

Then the door opened. Ruby rushed in with the other doctor holding the door. She jumped on me and I fell to the floor."Yang, you're okay!" She screamed. Now that , I heard."Yep, I'm fine. Just keep yelling." I said, moving my finger around swiftly in my ear."Sorry......" I heard her say."No, I'm serious. You have to speak loud, otherwise, I won't hear a word you say."

Ren helped me up and opened his mouth but I find  hear him."He said why's that?!" Nora yelled."I said speak louder not SHOUT IN MY FACE!!!" I yelled back. The scooter stepped up, apparently explaining why I guess. Don't judge me, I can't hear!

They all looked at me in shock, and I shrugged. Ruby jumped on me, anime tears streaming down her face and I held her in my arms. I can't hear her but in sure she's crying something I'd normally laugh at. The doctor handed me a box and I reached for it, dropping Ruby on the floor. There was a piece of paper attached to it.

"High tech hearing aids. Made especially for people with your same condition. No extra charge." I read aloud."Thank you," I said, holding up my fist. He looked at it and poked it with a finger."Oh, I'll do it!" Nora yelled. She bumped  my fist with much enthusiasm."Bulalala." She said, wiggling her fingers."Phyrra, you need to stop letting her watch Big Hero 6."