FELL IN LOVE WITH HER THEN LOST HER

I had tears in my eyes as i watched her die there in front of me, was this what was going to happen to me  every time i loved someone, when I let my  guard down the person i loved the most would be taken from me in the blink of an eye.

This is my story of how I fell in love with her and lost her all in one go.

I was on my way to class when I accidentally walked into Rose and made her knock all her books on to the hard tiled floor.

       “Sorry for walking into you like that I did not see you there” I told Rose while I helped her pick up her lilac books.

      “That is ok Mike, so what you doing after class?” she said to me as I held her hand and walked her to her next class.  

        “Well I thought we might go to the movies after school.” I told her as we walked past the green and blue lockers.

“Sure things see you at eight tonight.” she said as she kissed me on the cheek.

    “Hey Mike you coming or not?” said my best friend Max to me from the front of my physics classroom.

“Of course I’m coming you nit wit” I yelled over my shoulder as I watched Rose with the lilac ribbon walk in to her next class with her friends.

That was when it all happened the big explosion from the Humanities class.  Max and I both ran to find that everyone in the classroom was on the floor covered in dust and clay from the ceiling but when we went in to help everyone get out I saw a fire starting and there was one more person that I could not find. I was looking everywhere for Rose and then I saw it, the mangled body of a girl with blonde hair lying on the floor under a massive block of plaster.  With a closer inspection of the body I found out that it was one of Rose’s friends. I raced to her but when I got to her I could not get her all by myself.

   “Max come here and help me get this bit of plaster off of her please” I yelled towards him. He came in quite a hurry. When he got to where I was she was very pale.

     “Help me get this off her please!” I yelled at Max because of all the screaming in the room. When we lifted the plaster off her all this blood and screaming came from her.

     “Help me help her stand up so we can get her out of here” I yelled at Max over all the moaning coming from the girl we just saved.

   “Sure thing, then we’ll go and put out the fire before it spreads to the rest of the wing.” Max told me as we made it out the door of the Humanities class to where everyone was in blankets with oxygen masks to help them breath. 

I went back in a few minutes later to put out the fire with Max when I heard a blood curdling scream come from the other end of the room where there was a lot of plaster.

   “Max I will be right back I just need to go check out that section to see if anyone is still there.” I yelled to Max over my shoulder as I ran away to see if my fears were right.

   “Sure thing I will be just here waiting until you get back.” He yelled back to me.

When I got to where I heard the screaming all I heard was moaning and coughing. Then I saw it, the body of a girl with blonde hair and a lilac ribbon in her hair. I was hoping, praying it was not her. But when I got closer to see who it was my fears were answered with a yell for help.

I ran over the beams and all the dust to where Rose lay and I knew she was dying there in front of me.

      “Please don’t leave me alone here please.” I heard her say when i slid down next to her to hold her hand.