Sunlight Chapter Seven: Tutor

This chapter's dedicated to ashmoonlight for taking time to make a book cover for my very short story, In a Blink of an Eye. Thanks again, Ashley!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ray

"Okay class, as you all know, Wednesday next week you're all going to have your exams...

Ugh. Exams. I may not be fully human but like them, I hate studying as well. It's not that I don't do well in school, I'm quite good actually. Although I know, it's quite too early for me to say that. After all, I've been attending school for barely even a month.

I like History the most. Math, on the other hand, is totally just not my thing. 

"Ughh..I need to study History again." I heard someone say. Yeah, it was Jenna. Ohh, so she's not a History fan, huh?

"Why? Don't you love old, boring History?" I jokingly said.

"Nah...I'm not really good at it. Why, do you?"

"Believe it or not, I actually do." I confessed.

"Seriously?!? Wow...well, I'm more of a Math person, you know? I like solving and solving until I get the answer. I just like the sense of fulfillment you feel right after.." she said. I've got to admit, she's really adorable.

"Haha, that's funny. I hate Math." 

"Really?"

"Really." I said smiling. She smiled, too.

Then, just right after I said that, an idea came up to my mind.

"Ohh Jenna! I've got an idea! That is, only if you're interested."

"What is it?" she asked, curious.

"Since you hate History while I love it, and I need help on my Math while you're good at it, why don't we tutor each other?" I asked, hoping she'd say yes.

-

Jenna

"Oh, that would be great!" I immediately responded, since I really needed help in History. And partially--since I was flattered by his offer, too.

He smiled. "Cool, then. Shall we start tomorrow?" 

"Sure. Since it's a Saturday tomorrow, why don't we study early or after lunch?" I asked.

The smile etched on his face then faded. "Sorry, I have to go somewhere tomorrow, I can only meet you at 5:30pm, maybe? Would that be fine?"

"Yeah it'd be perfect. I still have work starting at 2:00pm and my shift ends at around 5:00." I replied.

"So I guess I'll just meet you there." he said.

"Okay, sure. I work in Pizzarific, a pizza restaurant nearby." I said.

"That's good. I shall treat you dinner then. Oh, it's getting late. I gotta go. See you." he said, smiling again.

"Bye, see you."

I know that this isn't supposed to be romantic or anything, but I still find it sort of sweet. 

The next day, I woke up at already 10:00am. I guess that's because I got a bit nervous for today. 

I looked in my closet for anything good to wear. I didn't really have a lot of clothes so I ended up picking a simple red polo shirt and white pants. The black and red-colored apron I need to wear later at work would look fine with, or at least I think so.