Chapter 14

"Wake up! Wake up! Wake up! Santa came! Santa came!"

"I'm up, I'm up," I groaned. I got out of bed and looked at the three little girls.

"Go downstairs, I'll make the hot chocolate," I stated. They all ran out of my room and down the stairs. I slowly walked down the stairs and into the kitchen. I took out the packets, mixed it with milk and stuck the mugs into the microwave. When the timer went off, I took them out and walked into the living room to see my eight siblings. Jackson was half asleep on the couch, same as Kate, James, Katie, and Cole. Rosemary, Sara, and Basil are practically vibrating from all the energy they have. I gave everyone their hot cocoa and everyone dug into their gifts. I got twenty different band shirts from James, .45 and .22 caliber from Cole, a new pocket knife from Kate, sketch books and pencils from Katie, candy from Rosemary, the series of Maximum Ride from Basil, and a gold rose necklace from Sara.

There was a knock on the door and I got up to answer it. I opened the door and saw Conner. He was about to speak but I slammed the door in his face. There was another knock at the door and I opened it to see Conner, again.

"Before you go and slam the door in my face again, I just wanted to say I was sorry and to give you your Christmas present," he stated in one breathe.

I took the box and closed the door softly. I opened it and saw a read card.

'Go to the place I first saw you.'

I walked out to the driveway and saw another red card.

'Go to the place you proved me wrong.'

I got into the car and drove to the gym's parking lot. I got out and looked around and saw a red card five spots over under a brick. I picked it up.

'Go to the place I broke your heart.'

I got back into the car that was still running and drive to Louis' house. I took out the key to his front door and opened it. I walked in and saw a card in the middle of the living room. I read it.

'Turn around.'

I turned around and saw Conner standing there. A tear slid down my cheek and I quickly wiped it away. I can't let him see me weak. He walked up to me and I stood in place.

"Charlotte, I'm so sorry. I didn't know what I was doing. I guess it just because I'm not used to having feelings for someone the way I do for you and I got scared. I thought that if I hooked up with someone, I would forget about you. But I didn't. I'm so sorry," he cried. He was begging for my forgiveness. Should I give it to him or not?

I took a step forward and another one, until I reached him. I poked his chest hard.

"You broke me. You've made me feel like shit. I thought you were different but you're not. I love you and you don't love me back," I whispered the last part.

"I can't beli-" I was cut off with Conner's lips on mine. I didn't hesitate, I kissed him back but then pulled away.

"I love you, too."

I sighed and kissed him again.

"Please forgive me."

"I forgive you."