Chapter 2

*Ava's POV*

I woke up to my phone playing California Gurls by Katy Perry. I groaned and got up to answer my phone. It was Lacy. I put the phone on speaker and went to the bathroom to get ready for school.
"What's up, Lacy?" I asked, squirting some toothpaste on my toothbrush.
"Did you hear there's a new transfer student starting at school today? He's supposedly a real hottie." Lacy said excitedly.
I rolled my eyes. Of course Lacy would be excited. A new student meant new gossip and drama, new gossip and drama meant new inspiration for her novels.
Lacy's voice rang through the phone again. "Ava? Did you hear me? Are you there?" She asked.
"I'm bwussing ma teef." I replied with my toothbrush in my mouth.
"Huh?" Came Lacy's confused voice.
I quickly finished brushing my teeth. "I said, 'I'm brushing my teeth.'" I said when I was done.
"Oh, ok. Well I got to go so I'll see you at school, okay? Bye." She said and hung up.
I got a quick shower, then went back to my room to get changed. I choose to wear dark blue jeans, black knee-length boots, a blood red halter top, and my denim jacket. I put my hair up in a high pony and applied light makeup. Since it was still a little warm out for the middle of October, I decided to take my bike to school. I went downstairs, grabbed a piece of toast, and headed out to the garage, after saying bye to my parents. I got to the garage and fired up my Honda CTX700N. Since I still had plenty of time until I had to be at school, I decided to go to Casey's Café right around the corner from school. When I got there, I quickly parked and went inside to order a hot chocolate and croissant. I turned around to go sit down when I bump into someone and almost spill my hot chocolate. I looked up to see who I bumped into and found myself staring at a pair of big brown eyes and straight black hair. Logan. Well this is awkward.
"Sorry, I wasn't paying attention." I say, apologising for bumping into him.
"No, it was entirely my fault." He says, with an apologetic smile.
"Well, I guess I'll see you at school." I say and hurry out the door. I decide to eat at one of the benches outside. I finish eating in ten minutes and go school. Once there, I park my bike and walk over to my friends in our usual spot by the door. Lacy and Sara are talking excitedly about something. Probably the new transfer student that's starting today. Lacy was wearing a pale pink, knee-length dress with matching ankle strap heels. Sara had a loose type-dye T-shirt, blue jeans, and black sneakers. I looked over to my left to see Layla in a hot pink tank top with a black leather jacket (that I think is mine, considering the five of us share some of our clothes sometimes), white skinny jeans, and black ankle boots. She was talking to Jordan about something on her phone. Jordan was wearing her usual loose T-shirt with yoga pants and a gray hoodie. I head over to Layla and Jordan and ask what they're looking at.
"Crystal updated her blog." Layla stated.
Crystal was the school's "gossip girl". She lived for the high school drama, and if there wasn't any more exciting and juicy news to blog about, then she'd create some herself. Normally we don't follow her, but I guess with all the talk about the new guy, there's bound to be new listeners.
Just then the school bell rang, signaling the start of another long school day.

(A/N: Sorry for the long wait. A lot has been going on with school and family issues. I'm not sure how often I'll be able to update but please bare with me. Also if anyone has any ideas for the story, even though it's early, just let me know. If I like your idea(s) I'll try to find somewhere to put it in the story. I'm also open to comments as long as they are constructive. Bye for now.)