Impractical Lovers

Murr sat by himself on a park bench after the filming of the show's latest challenge. He looked to the sky and thought about where his life has taken him. Everything seemed so different since Joe moved away and got married. He didn't want to admit it but he felt lonely. A slight breeze was blowing. Murr shivered and was surprised when a jacket was placed around his shoulders. Murr looked up and saw Q.

"You looked a little cold." Q said with a smile.

"Thanks." Murr said and held the jacket closer to himself.

"What are you doing out here? Everyone went home." Q asked as he took a seat next to Murr on the park bench.

"Oh, Just thinking." Murr said with a melancholy.

"About what?" Q kept his face turned towards Murr. 

"I don't know man. Everything's changing. Everybody's going somewhere and moving on with their lives. I just feel like I'm being left behind."

Murr confided with Q.

Q chuckled.

"What are you talking about? Are you crazy? Nobody's going anywhere. We're here for you."

Murr shook his head. "I just don't know."

Q touched Murr's chin and turned Murr's face to his. He looked deeply in Murr's eyes.

"Forget everybody else then. I'm here for you. I'll always be here for you." Q said passionately.

Murr didn't know how to react. His heart was pounding and his knees felt so weak. He knew his cheeks must be bright red by now. Q could tell how shaken up Murr was so he let go of his chin and turned away. Q was now blushing as well.

"Anyways, I'll see you tomorrow." Q hurriedly changed the subject and got up.

"Uh, yeah. Of course." Murr began to return to his senses.

The two parted. The change in their relationship is just beginning.

That night Murr laid in bed holding his blanket, thinking about Q. Why would Brian say those things? What did he mean? Murr asked himself. He barely got any sleep at all. Getting up for shooting the show the next day was rough. He felt so out of it. The guys were at the mall, pretending to be security guards. They had to do and say as they were told or lose. Q was up first, swinging his fake baton around playfully while waiting for instructions. Right off the bat a beautiful woman walked by Q. "Tell this lady here to freeze. Just yell it and point your fingers at her like they're a gun." Joe instructed with a devilish grin, stifling back a laugh. Q listened and yelled at the woman. She turned around in surprise and saw Q's imaginary weapon. She giggled but still looked confused. Q had an embarrassed grin on his face by now.

"Did I do something wrong?' The woman asked.

"No. No." Q replied with a blush.

Q and the lady were smiling at each other. Murr could tell Q was attracted to her and that made him mad.

"Tell her, if being ugly was against the law, I'd have to arrest you." Murr said into the microphone.

Q's eyes widened. "What? No. I can't say that." He whispered back to the guys.

Sal and Joe were laughing.

"Say it, or you lose." Murr warned seriously.

Sal and Joe thought it was funny, not understanding where Murr was coming from.

Q shook his head. "No. I'm not saying it."

Q refused, and received a thumbs down. All of sudden the lack of sleep was getting to Murr. He felt very weak. Then, everything went black. When Murr awoke he was at home lying in bed. Q sitting right next to him, waiting for him to get up. Murr looked at Q not sure what to say.