Kittens

Lucy's POV

I was walking side by side with Natsu and Wendy. Igneel was holding Wendy's hand while Layla was on Natsu's shoulder. I was a little jealous. However it was my fault. I look up at the sky and sigh. I smile sadly as I think 'something bad will happen soon' I frown as Natsu grabs my hand saying "something wrong?" I smile and shake my head saying "no, I'm fine" Natsu grips my hand painfully saying "don't lie. I'm tired of you having secrets. Please, tell me" He lets go of my hand. I narrow my eyes as I continue to look up. I sigh and say "watch your backs. That's all I'm going to tell you" Wendy looks at us worried. We were in the forest by now. Eventually we reach Natsu's old house.

Wendy knocks on the door. Then the door creaks open. A little blue head sticks out. It was Happy! He looks at us while frozen in shock. Happy then uses his magic and crashes into me and Natsu yelling "NATSU, LUCY!" Natsu staggers back. I smile then the door gets opened wider. It was Carla with two kittens behind her. Carla looks at us saying "I'm sorry we couldn't be there when you guys woke up." I crouch down saying "its fine. So, can you introduce the little ones?" Carla nods and walks out of the door, showing us the kittens.

One was white with a blue spot on the right eye and a spot on the back, his name was Lucky. The other one was blue with white spots as the other one did, her name was Aoi. I smile and put a hand out saying "it's nice to meet you Lucky and Aoi. My name is Lucy" Aoi shakes my hand excitedly saying "hi! Are you my aunt?" I giggle and nod. Lucky shakes my hand saying "Nice to meet you" I smile. Igneel crouches next to me and introduces himself along with Layla. I stand up and walk up to Wendy. I smile as Igneel and Lucky get along as well as Aoi and Layla.

We headed home an hour later. Happy, Carla, and the kittens are staying at our house for the night. I walk on the edge of the side walk. If I fall, I would fall into the water. My arms were behind my back. Igneel was walking next to me while Layla and Natsu were having a race. I giggle as Natsu face plants into the concrete. Igneel looks up at me saying "I-I can call you mom right?" I stop in my track and smile saying "of course, why do you ask?" Igneel fidgets saying "w-well its weird" I sigh and say "I know, but its my fault." Igneel tilts his head saying "how was it your fault?" I look up saying "if I was never a dragon. If only I was born as a human then everyone around me wouldn't suffer." Igneel grabs my hand saying "don't say that! If you were never a dragon, then you would've been dead which means we would never have been born. Dad would be sad." I ruffle his hair saying "I guess your right." I grab his hand as he pulls it away. I smile as he looks a me curiously. I jump off the canal and walk on the side walk. Then we walk home.