Entry Number One

Hello, peoples of ze Wattpad World. My name is Grace. I am currently writing a "fictional" account of my crazy life that is so overly complicated and disorganized that you may not want to read about it. I have a crazy accurate memory and I get flashbacks all of the time, which hopefully isn't too distracting. Regardless of that, this is a very interesting story and I want you to read it.
I have always been a huge fan of Rick Riordan's series, Percy Jackson and the Olympians. As you might have already known, Percy is narrating the story and starts out with a warning that if you feel a spark or a glimmer or anything that makes you feel like you were one of them, then you should stop reading. I felt that spark, so of course I wanted to keep on reading. Yay. I felt like I was on the adventures myself. And then I finished the series. That was sad. Then voila! More books! More adventures! More magic. I re-read those books as much as possible, even though I'm a slow reader.
Now, back to the story which I haven't even started to tell yet.
I have always looked different from the rest of my family. I have blonde hair while they have brown. I have fair skin and theirs is olive. My hair gets extremely curly and theirs is as straight as straw. Once while we were vacationing in California, my six year old sister asked my mom if I was adopted because my hair was a giant blond afro in the humidity and everyone else had straight hair. Crazy, right? Not really. My friend was adopted and she looks just like the rest of her family.
Anyway, there's this boy who I had just barely realized liked me. I couldn't believe that it took me over a year to realize it, but it also took awhile to gather the hints, which I might mention later. It's getting late and I'm getting tired.
I didn't really like him back. He was smarter than me and that annoyed me like crap. But we were a lot alike. He always had a song in his head, as did I. We both loved music. The crazier thing was that our birthdays were just a day apart, me being older by only a day. My parents are exactly the same, and they have their own cute love story that I won't share because I'll get off topic.
Back on topic now. In tenth grade, he asked me out the day after my sixteenth birthday, which was... come on, guess it... his birthday. I was excited and nervous at the same time. I was happy that someone actually liked me enough to ask me out, but I didn't really like him back. Something just didn't feel right.
We went to Einstein's Bagels to pick up lunch and snuck in our meals into the movie theater to eat while we watched some cheesy animated film amount psycho animals that try to take over the world. It was fun. That is, until we got into the car. (Just so you know and don't get to critical and say this story isn't well thought out, he had gone to the DMV to get his license earlier that day.) It was dark already and that made me tired. He decided to mumble, "You know, I've liked you since the seventh grade."
I answered, "Yeah, I knew."
He almost hit a parked car because he was so shocked. "How'd you find out?"
"I put the clues together."
"The clues?"
"Yeah, you did a good job of hiding it, but your friends didn't."
"How?"
"Aeden said you write in cursive."
"So?"
"You know, 'Roses are red, Violets are blue, Happy Valentine's Day, From me to you... w/ <3.'"
"Oh yeah, that was in the message that came with the rose I got you at school in eighth grade. I can't believe you still remember that word for word."
"Also, the people in sec two math in months grade were kind of obvious."
"Yeah, those nerds."
We came to a red light. "So, this is nerve racking to say, but do you like me back?"
I was silent for a moment and then said, "Sorry, Christian, but I just don't feel it."
"Maybe you will."
"Yeah. Maybe."