𝐭𝐰𝐨

I could feel the hot Mexican air drifting away from me as we stopped over at the airport.

I got off the minivan and jenin helped me with the luggage. "god did you put the entire house into this?!" she struggled with the pink bag which I told her to be careful with.
"um. you might wanna let me carry that one" I said as I reached out to take it from her.
she gave my other case and helped me put on the back pack.
well,its time. I thought as I gave jenin one last hug before I walked into the airport. I turned back once more just to see her still standing there waving at me and a heartwarming smile plastered on her face.

••••••••••••••••••••••••
At the airport's waiting area, I had gotten a call from Tiffany. Turns out she was to be free the next day and that she'd meet at LAX. Which was relieving, being alone would've been my biggest fear.

~

while inside the plane, I thought hard to make sure I'd have everything under control after I get to LA.
okso, I have to live with three boys. mhm. well at least its not four.

oh who am I kidding I'm gonna die out there.

I drifted off to sleep after a while and woke up to the captains announcement to prepare for landing. I grabbed onto my backpack which was on my lap and closed my eyes. the landing is my least favourite part when it comes to airplanes. not only does it mean your journey is over, but its also a really uncomfortable moment where you have to hold on to everything while experiencing an earthquake.

•••••••••••••••••••••••

As I walked out of the airport I was greeted with a gush of wind being blown at my face making my long hair fly in different directions. it was only afternoon, the sun was right in the middle of the sky yet it was cold as a freezer.
then It hit me. right. I'm not in sunny Mexico anymore. or maybe I'm just exaggerating because I sat in the AC for hours when in the airport.

I dragged my two suitcases with both hands as I walked over to one of the taxi cabs. I took out the piece of paper that jenin had given me, which had the address and gave it to the driver. he seemed to be shocked as he looked at the paper and back at me. he motioned me to enter the car and I did.

As we drove I looked out of the window and admired the wonderful city of los Angeles. Sky scrapers and several other expensive looking buildings towered the area. Being a person who's never travelled out of her home country, it was almost as if I've entered a new world. Everything appeared so colorful and exquisite.
We drove past a street full of shopping centers and malls. I couldn't help looking at the posters of celebrities put up for advertisements. I wouldn't be surprised if I saw myself. And by myself I mean Viana.

After a couple of hours, I was still looking out the window and I noticed that we've driven away from the crowded area of the city and into a quiet neighborhood.
Each house looked different and unique from the other which was something I found odd.
It took me a moment to realize that this was the 'rich' neighborhood. Each one of the extravagant houses were designed in their own unique ways to compliment their owners. Definitely worth a lot, I thought, I'd be surprised if I had to live in a house from here.

and I really did get surprised.

the car driver stopped infront of an equally astonishing house which appeared to be pretty much like a palace from the outside, the metal fences surrounded the place. However the main gate was open, I suppose they were expecting me.