Chapter Twenty

Selena's POV
. . .

I always like cold natural air, its relaxing. Whenever the brisk air hits my face, it soothes me. But when you have been walking for awhile and its cold, you will dislike the coldness very,very much. Like I am now. I always prefer winter over summer, but moments like this, I prefer summer over winter. But yet, it could be worse if it was summer, I could be sweating a lot, and it would be too hot to function...the point is, there's no win-win in life.

I had lost all hopes of finding the other boys, but Anthony and Toby didn't. My mind was mainly focused on Justin. When his anger comes out all at once, it's not a pretty sight. He can't control what he does. I had experience with him..loosing his mind. Let's just say that Justin proposed to never hit me again. I accepted his apology, he was very guilty. He done romantic gestures towards me afterwards, like the cute simple ones, to say sorry for what he done. Even though he hit me, I still saw the good in him; but no one else did.

I wrap my arms around myself to try keep warm.

~•~

We found Justin.
I wish I never saw the scene I'm seeing now. Zac was on the floor, and blood was coming out of him. Justin was kneeling down next to Zac's side, and Ed was  on the floor with tears streaming down his face.
Justin was in utter-shock.

After what happened with Nick – from what Leonardo told me. Zac was the first person Justin could trust and be close to again. Justin and Zac was really tight, and now it's blown in his face..again.

I run over to Justin and drop down next to him. "Zac." I whisper to Zac, tears rolling down my cheeks. Blood was pumping out of his body, coming out of his right side of his chest. Anthony and Toby was opposite me, tears coming down from their cheeks also.

"It's okay," he breaths out heavily, trying to get words out. I grab his hand from his side and bring it into mine.

"Zac," I whisper again. I didn't know what else to say...no words were coming out. My mind was all over the place. I can't imagine how Justin and the boys feel right now, seeing Zac like this.

"Justin, I'm sorry, man. It wasn't your fault." Zac says to Justin, pushing out his last words. And stops. No movement. No heavy breathing. No...nothing.

I look up at Justin and he sheds a tear. He doesn't move but just stares at Zac.

I back away from the group. I sit under a tree, one that wasn't too far away. I was still in shock. I kept imagining him moving for the longer period I stare, but he doesn't actually move, it was my mind just playing tricks.

I saw movement in the back, further away from where the boys were still sitting. I get up from the tree I was leaning on and walked to Ed, who had a pistol in his hand. I lean down next to him. He was frozen, and his eyes were puffy, tears still coming from them.

"Can I borrow this?" I say, grabbing the gun from his hand, I don't wait for his reply. He didn't bother to stop me either, he continued to sit still, emotionlessly stare at Zac.

I walk over to the place I saw movement, I had the pistol in my hand. I get to the location, but nothing. There was another movement further away. I hide behind a tree, incase it's a person, so they won't see me coming. I move from tree to tree until I'm close enough to where I saw the movement from. There was a figure, holding a weapon also. I tried to make out who it was, half shaven hair, tank top on, musclier.

My only prediction was Nick.

I tuck the pistol at the back of my jeans and covered it with Justin's baggy hoodie. I roll up the sleeves so it wouldn't get in my way. I walk confidently over to the figure.

"Nick!" I shout. The guy figure turns around. And to my predictions; I'm right.

He smirks at me. "Hello, Selena. What are you doing here?"

"What are you doing here?" I ask him, already knowing the answer.

He laughs. "Aw, Selena, you have some attitude today." I look down to his hands and eye his gun.

Nick realises that I was looking. He waves it about to show me. "I bet you never thought you would see me hold one of these things."

I thought it was a perfect opportunity to pull out mine. I place my hand behind my back, ready to pull it out but I get pushed to the ground before I have a chance. I look up, and to my surprise, I see Justin. He wasn't the same looking grey colour he was before.

"Just the person I wanted to see!" Nick says sarcastically to Justin.
I get up from the ground, Justin places his hand behind my back as he grabs the pistol from my jeans.

He aims it at Nick, and Nick aims his one at Justin. I back away, but I trip over a log that was on the ground.

While I fell,

Gun shots were fired.