When in Rome, Do What the Romans Do

~Liam’s POV~

        “Daisy,” I whispered, shaking her shoulder.

        “What?” she mumbled.

        “Get up.”

        Her eyes shot open and she lay back with a sigh.  “Don’t scare me like that!”

         “Sorry.”

         “What are you doing here?”

         “Let’s go somewhere,” I said.

         “Where?”

         “Anywhere.  We could fly to Italy or go to Australia.  Let’s just get out of here.”

         “Liam, don’t be crazy.”

         “Why not?”

         “You have a concert coming up. You can’t just disappear.”

         “Live a little,” I quoted her.  “Come on!”

         She got out of bed.  “Okay,” she said without any more complaints.

         “Okay?” I hadn’t expected it that easily.

         “Where are we going?  What should I pack?”

         “Just pack for a night.  Let’s go to Rome.”

         “Is it normal to go to Rome for a day?”

         “It will be now.”

         Daisy just started throwing clothes into a suitcase.

         “You’re not complaining?” I asked.

         “Do you want me to?” She asked.

         “Well, no, but I’m confused.”

         “Liam. You’ve become my best friend in the shortest period of time.  You’ve saved me from two idiots, and picked up the phone at two in the morning just because I called you. Explain why I shouldn’t come with you when you’ve done all of that for me.”

        “I guess I should just say thanks, right?”

        “Kind of.”

        “Well thanks.”

       Half an hour later we were speeding down the highway to get to the airport. I had hastily texted the boys my plans, explaining that I’d be back in two days.  I was pretty sure that they’d understand.  After all, everybody needed a little getaway.

       We boarded the private jet, and sat down as it took off.  The plane ride consisted of sleeping, laughing, and eating. It was exactly what I needed.

       “Flight attendants, please prepare for landing,” the captain’s voice cut through the cabin.  Daisy and I buckled our seatbelts and gaped out the window as the plane slowly descended. 

       “I can’t believe I’m in Italy,” she said amazed.

       “Neither can I.  And just imagine, we’re here for two whole days.”

       She glared at me. “You suck.”

       “Yeah, I know.  That’s why you’re on a plane in Italy.  Because I just downright suck.”