Lost - A Katekyo Hitman REBORN! Fanfic.

Disclaimer: I don't own KHR. Credits to Amano Akira-sensei. My OC belongs to me though.

Prologue:

It was a fairly normal day somewhere in Sicily, Italy. In a luxurious penthouse, a certain Hitman was drinking his espresso, leaning in a expensive mahogany chair. He closed his narrowed dark coal colored eyes and placed the tea cup down in the coffee table. He tipped his black fedora down, covering his eyes, within closer inspection, you can see that the World’s Greatest Hitman is in deep thought.

.

.

.

.

“Tch.”

[Flashback]

He is in the front door of the penthouse, he took a key in his suit pocket and thrust it on the lock. Hearing a click, he turned the doorknob clockwise and opened the door. Once he was inside, he closed the door and tossed the key on a table nearby. He saw his pet chameleon resting in a plant as it woke up and he caressed it lightly, using his hand.

“Where is Idiot-Celia?”, his pet whom he named as Leon, glanced in a room. He simply nodded and took a pin in his suit pocket, then pinned it on a picture of a man, taped on the wall in front of him. It was the criminal whom he killed just moments ago. He stared at the pictures of his other victims for a few seconds, then suddenly, he felt a dangerous presence behind him. He cocked his CZ75 gun on the intruder and spoke up, “Who’s there?”

.

.

“…”

.

.

There he saw a silhouette sitting on the chair behind him, even though he can’t see him clearly due to lack of light, he saw him smirk.

Who’s there?”, the man mocked the hitman and continued, “As I thought, you really are qualified, huh.”

Reborn is getting irritated for not answering his question, he glared at the man wearing an iron mask.

Who are you? And on whose behalf are you here?”, the man just laughed lightly and said, “Oh, It’s just me.”, then he took something in his suit pocket. “Don’t you move!”, he placed his gun out of safety mode.

“Don’t be in such a hurry.”

The hitman was about to pull the trigger, when the man wearing an iron mask interrupted, by flipping a pacifier up from his hand. “I am here to..”

Reborn widened his eyes slightly, ‘The clear..pacifier?!’

The man smirked and continued what he was about to say.

“..Gather the World’s Strongest. I Prescelti Sette.”

..

“I Prescelti Sette.”,the Hitman repeated.

“That’s correct.”, the man clarified.

“This job request. Is it a team one?”, Reborn placed his gun down and stared at the man in front of him.

“The remuneration will be considerable. But first, I’d like you to get together.”, the man opened a paper and a map was drawn as he handed it to the hitman.

“Go here, and you’ll be able to meet your companions.”, when he blinked his eyes, the suspicious looking man disappeared in thin air.

[Flashback End]

“..rn..eborn..Reborn..? Hey, Reborn!”, Reborn was snapped out from his thoughts, he opened his eyes saw a small figure in his view. The girl was pouting cutely, but it didn’t affect him. He examined at the little figure.Her wide icy blue eyes, stared at his narrowed dark coaled ones, her thin lips were curled down into a frown and her jet black curly hair, reached down to her shoulder blades.

“What is it, Idiot-Celia?”, he took the tea cup on the table and sipped his espresso once again.

“I’ve been telling you for the fifth time, that I have a new mission! My client today is the Cavallone Nono!”, the girl who was called Celia grinned happily and continued, “He told me to hack the Estraneo’s main computer and offered me a huge amount of money!”

Reborn just stared at her blankly as he placed down the empty cup at the coffee table and simply said, “I see.”

Celia, seeing the hitman’s reaction made her frown once again. “Mou, Reborn! Why aren’t you happy?”

“…”

“Reborn?”

“…”

“Hey, Reborn?”

“…”

“What’s wrong?”

Reborn ignored her and just stood up and walked towards to where Leon is and picked him up, then placed him at the edge of his fedora. Celia rushed towards him to ask once again, but he saw him took a familiar looking paper on his suit and turned the doorknob clockwise.

“R-R-Re..born? Where are you–”, but before Celia can finish her sentence, Reborn closed the door, quite loudly and she can hear his footsteps disappearing. A tear slid down at her eyes and shadowed her face using her bangs.

“D-Did I do something..wrong?”

[Flashback]

The little girl woke up from her sleep as she heard two people talking outside. She yawned, then rubbed both her eyes, to see her surroundings clearly and sat at the edge of her king sized bed. She jumped out from her bed as she walked towards to the door and pressed her ear to hear the conversation. But she only heard some people murmuring and the only words that she caught are, ‘I Prescelti Sette..get together..meet..companions..’. When Celia heard that it was silent at the other side, she slowly opened the door and saw Reborn stood at the middle of the room, with a paper on his hand.

“R-Reborn? Who were you talking to?”

Reborn glanced at her with a blank look on his face.

“Didn’t I tell you not to bother other people’s business? Go back to sleep, Idiot-Celia.”, she can only nod and bid him good night, then closed the door once again as she climbed back to her bed and snuggled closer to the thick blanket.

‘What is he..hiding from me?’

[Flashback End]

~>O<~

Several weeks has past when Celia finished her mission as she met up with the Cavallone Nono in a café downtown to get the money. She also remembered that Reborn has yet to arrive. Celia was starting to get worried and thought if he really abandoned her. She was sitting on a sofa inside her room, reading a random book. Her eyes became dull from crying for several days. When she finished the last page of the book, she closed it and started to pack her things, from her clothes, money, laptop to weapons. After a few minutes of packing, she went out of her room and took the house key from the table and finally, she walked out on the penthouse and locked it.

She is finally going to look for him.

.

.

.

.

.

‘And prove to you how much stronger I am, since you abandoned me.’

A/N: I might be on HIATUS due to lack of inspiration and school. Btw, this is my very first successful story that I have published. There will be no pairing in this story, if you're asking.

Well then, Ciao!