I. | When I first saw her.

I remember when I first saw her. I've seen little glimpses of her before, but this was when I truly saw her. She had golden blond hair that was woven into a messy french braid, cascading down her left shoulder. She had on a creme colored sweater with black faded skinny jeans over her thick, long legs. She had olive colored skin with a few acne spots and her small amount of makeup consisting of eyeliner and mascara with a matte lipstick coating her plump lips.

She would sit near the window in the back of the bookstore that faced towards the street. She would curl into herself on one of the fluffy, brown chairs we have in bookstore, and she would have her nose deep in a book for hours on end.

The only reason I know this much of her appearance that day is because she walked up to the front desk to talk to Alexander, a co-worker of mine that was next to me. She asked him about a book, hoping our store had it. Her voice was honestly the most angelic thing I have ever heard before; the words flowed out of her plum colored lips so beautifully, sounding as smooth as silk.

I swore I fell in love right then and there.

I just couldn't keep my eyes off her as she spoke to Alexander. The way she smiled and giggled so adorably while Alex shamelessly flirted with her.

I wished I was in his place.

After that, I just couldn't stop thinking about her. She was so beautiful it blew my mind; I just had to get to know her. I just wished I knew how.

I began to notice small things she did while she continuously came to our bookstore. She would always have a Starbuck's coffee with her and a brown leather backpack on her shoulders. She would never actually buy a book from our store; she would read them in the back corner like normal. Often, she would come up to the desk if she needed help finding a book, or she would ask us to hold a book for her so she could continue the book tomorrow.

I also noticed she never wore her hair fully down; she always had it somehow out of her face: in a pony tail, braid, or a half up-do. She also always had on a dark, matte lip color, and it always made her smile even better. The color made her pearly white teeth even whiter, and her smile warmed my heart every time I saw it. But, she always had a winged eyeliner with mascara coating her thick lashes to make her brown eyes pop, just a different lip color.

I found her so intriguing, beautiful, mysterious, exciting. She was everything in between, and I just needed to know her.

She was dangerous and magical. She was able to have me under her spell with the snap of her fingers.

But, I never made an advance to get to know her.

I didn't feel good enough to speak to such an angel.

I admired her from afar, watching how she did the same thing at the same time everyday. She would walk into the bookstore at about 3:15 with her Starbucks and go to the back corner and stay there until closing.

I just wanted to have the confidence to speak to her, but for now I shall admire her from afar.

|

582 words | unedited.

this story literally sounds like a bunch of mumbo-jumbo, but i swear im gonna try and make it cute. i honestly dont know how this story is going to go, so hang in there! honestly the other chapters are better than this i promise.