2

Alexis Holster

Beep beep beep beep. Alexis's alarm went off. Groaning Alexis rolled over to the side table and slapped her hand over the noisy clock. "Argh why now, shouldn't birthday girls get to sleep in!" She exclaimed to herself. Slowly pulling herself out of bed Alexis stumbled towards the bathroom. After washing her face she saw a huge pink bag full of make up. Yuck, she thought as she tipped the contents of the bag into the bin. "Who even wears make up" she said to her reflection in the mirror "It'll just make me look more like Emerson"
Alexis then zombie walked into her bedroom and into the massive walk in closet. Looking past all the pink frilly clothes she found her favorite footy jersey {manly sea eagles of course} and grabbed a pair of ripped denim shorts. Good enough, she thought to herself. Pulling her hair into a messy high ponytail Alexis walked towards the kitchen.
Opening the top shelf Alexis scrabbled around to find pancake mix. Eyeing the container she saw that it had expired three weeks ago. "ARE YOU JOKING ME" she screamed at the packet. Dropping the spoiled food in the bin she settled on a bowl of fruit loops. Just as she was about to sit down she heard skype ringing. Rosamund Holster. Bugger, Alexis thought in panic as she rushed to the wardrobe and grabbed the first pink clothing in sight, which just do happened to be a pink evening gown. Skype was still ringing as she quickly pulled her hair down and put a diamond hair band in it. Leaping over the designer leather couch, Alexis answered her mother.

"Hello darling. Good to see your in your new dress. Did you find your birthday present? I got the delivery man to put it in the bathroom for you last night. I hope you use it wisely because all that make up cost millions" Rosamund Holster raved to her daughter. Alexis felt guilty about chucking away millions of dollars worth of make up, but you would think her own mother would know that her daughter was allergic and hated make up. "Hi mom" Alexis said with her strong American accent. After spending the first seven years of her life in LA, Alexis still had her strong American accent. Even though she had lived in Australia for six years, Alexis would not let go of her accent. It was the only thing she had that reminded her of her father. He died six years ago. Alexis had never seen her mother or her twin until her seventh birthday and her fathers funeral. Her twin sister Emerson has been an actor since she one a competition when she was three months old. Thats when her mum took Em and left. "No, dont you call me mom. You are no longer an American. Its MUM!" Rosamund sternly instructed her daughter. "Fine, Hi MUM... mom" Alexis replied. "Excuse me?" Rosamund exclaimed. "Um oh ah, I said Fun. As in are you and Em having fun in Hawaii?" Alexis stumbled. "Of course we are, idiot. I cant believe I'm in hawaii on my birthday!" Alexis heard Emerson shout from off screen. "Thats great" Alexis said 'cheerfully' wincing as her sister came into view wearing a bikini. "Mum, im going to the beach with friends. See ya later. Oh and Al, have fun at school" Emerson said with a giggle as she sashayed out the door. "Oh yeah, MUM. I've got school. Bye" Alexis said quickly as she hung up. Sighing a sigh of relief Alexis returned to her breakfast.

As Alexis finished the last spoonful she noticed the time. She had 10 minutes to get re-ready for school and walk two blocks the the bus stop. "Crud" She said out loud as she was rushing around the apartment getting ready as she heard the elevator operator shout that her bus had just driven past. Suddenly she had an idea. As she flew out the door Alexis grabbed a pastel pink trench coat.

As she exited the elevator she walked out with the coat on. Seeing a girl who is in year 8 and goes to her school Alexis made her move. "Darn, I've missed the bus to to Queen Elizabeth High" she said loudly. The younger girl noticed, whispered something in her mothers ear and scrambled over to Alexis. "E..Emerson Holster?" She stuttered. "The one and only" I replied winking at her. "W...w...would you like a lift to QEH?" She asked shyly. "Oh my gosh darling, are you going there? That would be amazing!" I said trying to fake my sisters iconic voice. I failed but the girl didn't notice as she was obviously to stunned at seeing 'Emerson Holster'. You would think Alexis would feel bad but she didn't, Emerson was a butt so Alexis was taking advantage of it.

When Alexis arrived at school she leapt out of the car and ran to the bottom oval, calling thanks over her shoulder. Ripping of the coat she saw the little year seven girl from her peer support group. Throwing the coat to her she called "Here Emilee, it my sisters. She... um... grew out of it. I said I would bring to you." The look of pleasure on the younger girls face made Alexis feel better for lying. When Alexis got to the bottom Oval, she didn't see her friends throwing a frisbee like usual. Alexis's group consisted of her, Sean McLag, Trix Nigel, Trisha Walsh, Candis Rye, Ollie Acherman and Felix Malony. They were the year nines known as the 'sporty group'. "Guys where are you?" Alexis called. "SURPRISE!!!" Her friends yelled as they leapt out from behind the demountables. "Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear Alexis, happy birthday to you" Trix, Trisha and Candis sang as Sean, Ollie and Felix sang "Happy Birthday to you, you fell in the loo, you felt something squishy, its a present for youuuu." "Awww, thanks guys" I said as we had a group hug. "Oh yeah Al, guess what?!?" Candis said excitedly. "What?" I asked. "Well you know how its valentines day? And every one is wearing pink and red. Welk I bought black wigs, masks and capes that we can wear and go around telling people the bad things about love" Sean said excitedly. "DUDE, HECK YES" I yelled before Trix shoved her hand over my mouth "shut up Al, dont tell the world" she giggled.

At the end of the day we all met at the bottom oval again. All in all they got nineteen inappropriate clothing notes, got six detentions, made five girls cry, two guys punched Felix for being to 'Intimate', and got one couple to break up.
My group loves to prank. In the summer holidays we pranked people that Alexis was Emerson and since Alexis couldnt sing to save her life, they told people that Emerson had gotten amnesia and forgot how to sing. When Alexis's mum found out Alexis was grounded for a whole month. But did that stop her playing tricks? Nope!

When Alexis opened the door to her apartment she she heard skype ringing. Again she rushed around changing her hair and pulling on a pair of high waisted shirts and a pink midriff. Letting out a sigh she answered skype. "Hi mom, eh um MUM. Whats up?" She started "Alexis darling, our flight has been delayed for three days and Em is meant to be at a shoot this afternoon. Since we wont be back you'll have to go and pretend to be your sister. The limo will come at four to take you to Otterman Ranch for the week. Toodles" And with that Rosamund hung up. Alexis sighed and went to pack. She knew there was no getting out of this one...