Chapter 20

(Nina's POV:)

"With the Osirian you shall stay, my great-granddaughter will lead the way."

Well how's that supposed to work now? A month later and we're still stumped. We need Sibuna back. We need to solve this riddle and piece together the puzzle. I decided it was time for action. I ran down the halls, banging on everyone's doors. "My room, stat!" In lesss than 5 minutes, all the residents of Anubis house were in my bedroom.

"Nina, what is this about? Are you ok?" Fabian asks, looking as if he just got up. "Yeah, Nina, what's going on?" asked Joy.

"Sibuna meeting is officially called to order."

"Wait, whoa, Sibuna?"
"Yes! About time.."
"Hold on, what?"

I stood up and silenced everyone. "Guys! We need to figure out this riddle. Back to the old days- simpler times. Eddie would want us to carry on, right?" Everyone nodded in agreement. "But how are we supposed to do this without him?" Patricia piped up from Amber's bed. I thought for a minute. "Fabian, did Eddie keep a journal of any sort?" Fabian thought for a minute, then his eyes lit up, and he bolted out of the room, with me following. He burst into his room and began to open the nightstand's drawers. "One time, I was lying in bed, and I saw Eddie with the journal. I thought he was drawing- didn't think much of it. Maybe he could've left us clues." Fabian looks at me for approval of his theory. "Yes that's great! But where would he keep it?" Fabian began to go through a box kept underneath Eddie's bed. After pulling out a series of My Chemical Romance CD's, he came across a leather-bound journal.

"Alright Nancy Drew. Ready?"

"Always."

***
October 5

I've been thinking alot about this riddle lately. Where could Senkhara's crown be? It dissolved in my hands. How am I supposed to get it back?  I'm going to check the Frobisher library later, see if it's there.

Turns out October 5th was also the day Eddie passed. "So... should we go check out the six rooms again?" I asked Fabian, trying not to cry. He cupped my face in his hands and brought me in for a quick but gentle kiss.

"I'd say that's a yes."