Chapter Two: Day One

After waking up on the softest sheets I have ever had I got downstairs and made breakfast.

Baxter knew better than to get in my way when I cooked. Last night I promised myself to prove myself to Mr.Ganginoi. And that is weird because I don't normally care what people think of me.

But with him for some reason it was different. I can still feel the affect of his voice. It was like a caress on my b-

I shook my head. I was acting irrational. I would not allow my feelings toess things up. He was the first one to give me a job. A job I desperately needed.

My hormones would have to go back into hibernation.

'You can do it. You can do it. Don't mess things up. He doesn't even like you.' I thought to myself.

"Something smells good." He said.

I jumped and sighed. I didn't even hear him. Or I wasn't paying attention and so I didmnt hear him.

Baxter growled under his breath but didn't do much else.

"Yes sir. Breakfast is almost ready." I said and turned away from him.

It was stupid. I couldn't even see the man and here I was mentally drooling over him. All I could go by was his voice.

It was things like these where I wished I could see but after years of treatment the odds became slim to none.

I placed the food on the plate and gave it to where I smelt that unusual smell of something kind of earthy. Like death in a sense but also another scent like male.

And he had this- shut up.

"You seem to be deep in thought." He said.

"Really.my eyes must have given that away. Can't seem to hide anything in them. My parents always said I was like an open book they could read me like an open book. So-" I froze and closed my mouth shut.

I was rambaling. I never rambeled. He was probably laughing at me.I was annoyed at myself. My body. Acting as though it was never near another male before.

"Hmm. You are nervous." He said.

"Is it that obvious. I just need this job. Thank you for giving me a-"

"Don't thank me yet. Let's be frank. I don't see how you can do anything in your condition but just don't mess anything up. Something's in here are worth more than your whole life savings." He said.

Yep. I knew that was going to happen. I could feel it in his aura.

And I had a feeling that the conversation was over and I wouldn't be using him a source of conversation at all.

I fixed his plate and gave it fonhim. I heard him move and smelt his cologne farther away from me. Amused I picked up the plate and sat it in front of him once again and grabbed the only food left as I munched on a piece of toast.

I wasn't much of a breakfast eater. In fact I never eat unless my stomach growls for it. That's about once a week. So for bow until I actually crave it this was all I was eating. However this seemed to bother him for some strange reason as he stared at me.

"You may eat what you wish. I have enough food so that we may share." He said.

Oh I know that. There is enough to feed ten thousand soldiers here.

"Thank you for your kind offer sir but I don't eat very much in the mornings. I nibble.....maybe. I rarely eat an entire meal. But again I say thank you." I said.

I begin to clean up the mess I've made and once that is done I start on my duties as I begin to clean the house. Baxter trailing behind me. And let me tell you that it was not an easy task. Sure I knew my way around but the place was so dusty. It was like it hasn't been dusted in decades or longer.

I had to really scrub the house from top to bottom. Luckly he was not in my way. Actually I didn't even notice he was there until I would cook his lunch and dinner. Then I would resume to what I was doing.

I had just gotten done with one of the many guest rooms and I was headed to another. As I opened the door I could smell his sent. This must have been his room. It smelt to deeply of musk and something else. I couldn't put my finger on it. It wasn't earth but something similar. Or maybe not.

I shrugged to myself. I was not Herr to see what he smelt like. I was here to do a job. I made the bed and as I went to fluff the pillows I patted Baxters head.

"What are you doing in here?" A voice asked making me jump.

How does he keep popping up without me or Baxter hearing him? Baxter growled and I hushed him.

"I asked you a question." He snapped.

"I was simply redressing your bed. I assumed that you wanted to entire house done. I apologize if I assumed wrong. I won't make the mistake again." I said.

I moved my head slowly trying to at least hear his breathing. But it was so weird. For son strange reason I couldn't hear it. I didn't know where he was.

"No you are fine just as long as that was the ONLY thing you were doing. But hurry up. I have things that need to be done. And afterwards I want the floor spotless. I was to see my reflection in them." He said.

What? What in the hell did he think this was? Who in the hell did he think I was? Cinderella? Yea a blind Cinderella.

"Yes sir." I said.

"If you can't do it then maybe this job isn't for you." He said.

"I never said that I could not do it sir. It will be done." I said.

I finished what I was doing and went out the room not before bumping into his shoulder and apologizing.

Well. On to scrubbing the floors. Where was a fairy god mother when you needed her?