Chapter 1: The Book

Months had passed since the incident at the blood moon ball. You know. "The hypnotic Ruby brodum" thing? Star, Marco and Tom had been thinking about it a few days afterward, so a ruby bonded our souls together. It doesn't mean anything right? That's what they all said.

     But time passed. The teens feelings grew and changed for each other. Soon enough, Star and Marco was an official couple. The kids in school would look at the perfect couple in awe as they mumbled.

     "Oh they are so cute!!"

     "Omg!! Relationship goals!!"

     Tom on the other hand, did not approve at all. No. Him and Star were meant to be together. Not this karate kid who just showed up outta no where.

     The demon spent countless hours reading about the heart and brain. Figuring out what love exactly was, what it actually feels like, how it works and most importantly, how to make someone fall in and out of love.

     Those hours turned into days. Days turned to weeks and soon months. Tom got farther and farther into his psychotic rage as days past without finding more clues. Apparently you can't just force someone to fall in love. They have to have a "spark" or something.

     So, he was suppose to light them on fire?

     "These facts make no sense! They must be riddles. Riddles to make me think my way into her heart. Yes! Girls love guys who can think!" The demon spoke to himself as his eye twitched.

     He grabbed as many test tubes, beakers, glasses and towels as he could and placed them on the table. He searched for a specific book in his library. A book of spells that his great great great great grandmother had passed down for generations. He grabbed it and ran back to his desk, flipping through the pages to find a love spell.

     "I surely can't light the most beautiful girl on fire." He looked at a flaming rose with a romantic smile, then at the floor with a face that read I don't really care.

     "The other boy I would gladly.." He looked back at the book. It was black with a skull on it. A little worn out, but still worked as well as it did many years ago.

     "But if she won't feel this spark naturally, I'll just have to give her a little drink." He said softly to himself as he read.

     Tom got the ingredients out and placed them on the table. It was then he found himself pacing back and forth, and talking to himself.

     "Is this right? I mean, wouldn't she love us if we left her alone?"

    "No! You think she'll even think about us if we just leave her alone? Never! She'll be too busy with that brunette boy."

     "So why don't we just take the boy then?"

     "The girl has a wand. She can easily break in and just take the boy. We need to take the girl. The boy will be useless without her and her wand.

     "Wouldn't it be just as easy for her to break out then?"

     "Not if we take the wand."

     Tom shook his head.

     "No way. She definitely won't love us then."

     "Forget about her loving us naturally! We're going to force her to drink the potion and then she'll love us! We'll finally have the life we always wanted with her! You still want that!"

     Tom stopped and looked at the book. Is he really going to do this? He could get in serious trouble with the laws of the underworld if he was caught.

     A smirk slowly formed on his face and he knew the answer. He grabbed a potato sack, duck tape, shovel, and his dimensional scissors and began to cut.

     Here we go. A dangerous trip in the name of love. He didn't really have a plan, but he was sure that he was gonna get what he wanted. Star Butterfly.