one

Maybe it wasn't about the hugs and kisses Luke needed, maybe it wasn't the voice of an angel he needed either. Maybe it was just the knowledge that Calum was still there was what Luke needed the most.

Luke realised that when he was in the midst of getting fucked by some other boy from a club.

A few days after Calum moved into Michael's dorm, Luke had been visiting a gay bar almost every night (sometimes every other); getting drunk, then laid by someone whom he didn't even know the slightest about — not even their name. All he knew that they were like him: gay, and hungry for sex.

Maybe 'hungry for sex wasn't a good way to depict his current situation. He just needed love, and he thought sex with other men would  garner him that.

He was pretty much wrong.

However, right now, he was bottom for whoever he was about to have sex with. Luke had no energy to fight for being the top, and he wasn't about to even with energy.

It takes a bit of effort to be the dominant one so far in his past few hook ups. Luke never needed that extra effort to be the dominant one between Calum and himself.

In all their years of friendship, Luke was never a bottom. Calum was, and both of them liked it that way. Calum loved how Luke crept up and down his bare skin, taking all the control he ever had of his body away from him. Calum willingly gave in. He wished that it was like that right now. Oh how he had missed being top.

All Luke could think about was Calum.

"Stop! Stop it," Luke groaned, trying to use all his might to push the boy who was on top of him off. "I don't want this anymore." he told the boy who was still very much drunk to not be able to have any reflexes.

When he finally succeeded and the boy rolled off him and onto the floor, hopefully still conscious, Luke scurried to find his shirt and immediately left the house he was at, stumbling his way back to campus.

He didn't want such a lifestyle anymore.

He didn't want to get drunk anymore.

He didn't want to get laid by random piss-drunk boys anymore.

All he wanted was to be in Calum's arms again.

*

Calum is happy, or that's what he thinks.

He's convinced, definitely, living separately without Luke was easier than he thought. He didn't see much of Luke anymore — they had different classes now since it was a new school year and Calum had other commitments to attend to whenever Michael hung out with Luke.

Their little group was sort of broken apart now.

Calum was involved with a lot of soccer activities and a few months back, he got into the junior national team. With five trainings a week, Calum has barely time for himself, not to mention his friends.

He didn't see Ashton much anymore, Ashton stayed at home with his mother now. He was also busy with his college applications — apparently he got a scholarship offer to a prestigious university in Perth from academics. Calum strived to be like Ashton. Ashton excels and Calum wants to excel too.

Michael is surprisingly still continuing school. Calum thought Michael would be someone who immediately dropped out after Year 10 — at least he did get the impression whenever Michael swears about dropping out of school after 'a damned year 10'. He told Calum that he was going to try to at least get a decent school record instead of fooling around. Also, Michael got a part time job as a photographer for a local artsy photograph magazine. He has been all about that most of the time. He still saw a lot of Michael though, due to the fact that they were roommates, but normally Michael would be out with his girlfriend, Rachel, leaving the house empty, or sometimes Calum alone during his off-days.

Well, for Luke, Calum hasn't spoken to him ever since he moved out of the dormitory that he and Luke used to share. He has not even seen him. More or less, they were kind of avoiding each other. At the start, Calum could not help constantly think of the blonde. It was as if he was trapped in a room only full of pictures of Luke and him, nothing else. He almost called Luke way too many times, wanting to ask him to come over and forgive him. However, Calum was tired. He didn't want to hurt himself again. Once school was in session and the lesser he saw and had the time to think about Luke, the easier he forgot how hurt he was on the day of the after party.

Calum believed that he was over Luke. How much over? He was not so sure at the moment. He just knew that Luke is just another person that he was friends with right now. No big deal right?

There was one issue though: Calum never broke up with Luke. They were still boyfriends. They never cut the ties, yet they were still walking different paths.

Maybe, maybe because of this, sometimes Calum feels strangled, but he couldn't reason out why. He's convinced that he's not hurt anymore, and he doesn't allow himself to be.

first chapter! really excited for this story, already have some ideas to add to my list of ideas!

look out for references from the previous book :-)

if you haven't read my previous book in this series, go read it! shitty but at least you'll get a gist of what this is about.